WFF Thanks for the memories. I'm stepping down as a moderator

Thrasybulus

The New Fly Fisherman
A very close friend of mine on the board sent me this. I have to share because it's funny and true. She modified it for me.

Stole this from another group

**A day in the life of a WFF admin**

Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb on WFF?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

249 to post memes and gifs

19 to post that this sub-forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb sub-forum.

11 to defend the posting to this sub-forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

12 to post unintelligible or unrelated crap.

8 to ask what the heck they are talking about.

16 to post that they are sick of light bulb threads and 47 remind them that they don’t need to open and read the threads.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to ask if the brands of light bulbs used are worth the money.

19 to tell them that if they like the light bulbs, just buy them.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

9 people to post pics of light bulbs they hope to buy someday.

3 people to post that they are stupid for spending that much on a light bulb.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.

3 people to post that they can’t figure out how to post pictures of their light bulbs.

6 people point them to the sticky on how to post pics.

2 people to post that still can’t do it. And complain to admins. Again.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

13 to comment "This thread sucks".

5 to post to the forum that they will no longer post or are leaving because they cannot handle the $!%cking light bulb controversy.

6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"

22 to ask why people were getting their panties in a wad and leaving over light bulbs.

34 to post cry baby memes.

13 to ask why people need to announce that they are leaving, just leave already.

39 to blame the admins over making them leave.

67 to predict “he will be back”.

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again!
1 to comment on the light bulb crisis and imminent collapse.

The Owner and Captain launch a ship and had envisioned a planned course they hope to chart. Tides, prevailing winds, unplanned weather events, hidden rocks, and Mother Nature at her finest all have their influence on the course. Mutinies are tried yet due to strong leadership they continued forward. Crews change yet the ship continues on its envisioned course into the unknown.

This is same for WFF. Due to the strong leadership of its ADMIN and MODs WFF will continue on course. We are thankful to the prior leadership and will always be remembered and respected.

Jerry you were the Chief Mate that guided this site with unparalleled professionalism for many years. You set the bar for all of those that follow.

Thank you for all you have done, our appreciation can not be put put into words. You have earned your retirement, enjoy and keep looking forward...

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Jerry, you forgot the 1 person to discuss what is appropriate attire to wear while choos....ing and changing the light bulb... and the guy who posts a fish picture to try and distract the light bulb.. also, just curious was the old light bulb released into the wild... was it taken out of the water... wait what where we talking about... should I "report" this thread...

Jerry Daschofsky

Will Fish for Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee.
@Jerry Daschofsky When you come here as a normal member, i hope you will still have some power to tell people to setal down? And that those people will repect you because you were a mod! Enjoy what life is bringing you! You are a good dude!!!
I will fade away to being a board member. I never did this out of a power trip or to earn respect. I don't need it after I'm gone. It'll be the job of the new mod or Chris to handle it. I will respect whatever their call is in the situation, since it won't be my call anymore or my place to tell people to get in line. :)

Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry, you forgot the 1 person to discuss what is appropriate attire to wear while choos....ing and changing the light bulb... and the guy who posts a fish picture to try and distract the light bulb.. also, just curious was the old light bulb released into the wild... was it taken out of the water... wait what where we talking about... should I "report" this thread...
I didn't write it. But maybe we should make @Swimmy the moderator of fashion? ;-)

flybill

I will fade away to being a board member. I never did this out of a power trip or to earn respect. I don't need it after I'm gone. It'll be the job of the new mod or Chris to handle it. I will respect whatever their call is in the situation, since it won't be my call anymore or my place to tell people to get in line. :)
Just do what I do, turn sideways and they won't see you.. of course I'm a MFing Ninja!

flybill

My thanks for all that you have done for this group of misfits. I would also like to thank for showing your scotch collection. Trust me, it has cost me $’s.
I will look forward to seeing your regular guy posts.
I just bought a new Balvenie:! Cheers Jerry! I'll save some for you!

Attachments

Jerry Daschofsky

My thanks for all that you have done for this group of misfits. I would also like to thank for showing your scotch collection. Trust me, it has cost me $’s.
I will look forward to seeing your regular guy posts.
1005180650.jpg
I bought this 21 yo Cragganmore cask strength for my 30th anniversary at UPS that was in January 2019. So good.

Latest posts