What The Hail???

Buzzy

WOW! @b_illymac mentioned the storm in our part of the Basin; a little rain, shifting winds and lots of lightning with only one little blip on the lights. My wife and I were hoping for lots of rain..... just sprinkled.

A friend posted a pic on FB yesterday...
3”-6” of hail on the ground in Tumalo, OR
Looked like it “Snowed in August”

Yesterday evening, there was so much rain where we were at, it looked liked the monsoon rains in Tucson, AZ!!!

Crazy August for sure.

I ran into a little heavy rain yesterday afternoon here in western MT.
View attachment 208776 View attachment 208777
Fortunately I was close to a friend's house so flippped a quick U turn and got my wife's car parked under some trees.
I'm sure glad I wasn't floating the river.:eek:
Good move to get out of the way.
We had legit golf ball size run through north of us this summer...trashed a friends house and shop.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Poured here also, no wind, no hail and most of the aerial fireworks to the SE of us. I met a Nephew & his wife in Ritzville yesterday morning; we had a nice visit & exchanged a few gifts. They had stayed in E-Burg the night before, so missed the storm & funnel cloud there and were safely through St. Regis before the golf balls started falling. Timing is everything. I told him to buy a lottery ticket today since his luck is running strong . . .

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Had a hail storm this morning. The hail was only about the size of a dime. Didn't last very long. But then it sky's opened up and it poured rain. It's been dark here all day today with rain off and on. It feels like an early fall.

BDD

We had a pretty cool hail and wind storm here in Ellensburg yesterday. Opened up the front door and had hail wind up all over our kitchen floor...and our front porch is covered. That was a first, let alone in August. I think we had three consecutive days of rain, which is nice. I hope we get more before the month is over.

Latest posts