YNP Bears And Tourists

Old Man

Just an Old Man
So now people visiting parks think that the bears are trained. And so with all the wild animals. Must be City people because there aren't any bears in the cities.

Island Bob

Up here on San Juan Island we’ve been asked at a popular whale watching spot, “What time are the orcas scheduled to swim by?” Friends have been asked about the location of the bridge to the mainland because they did not want to ride the ferry back.

Bob

PhilR

I just got back from Yellowstone. Saw three black bears, a grizzly, herds of bison at a distance, and individual bison just off the road. If not a joke, then I’ll bet this person never left the lodge.

And no, didn’t fish at all. Broke my rod chasing bass on my bil’s pond in Kansas on the first day of my trip.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Up here on San Juan Island we’ve been asked at a popular whale watching spot, “What time are the orcas scheduled to swim by?” Friends have been asked about the location of the bridge to the mainland because they did not want to ride the ferry back.

Bob
When I lived on Lopez and tourists asked for directions I always included a “just past the railroad tracks” to any directions I gave. Not once did anyone question the existence of a railroad on a rural, 30 sq. mile island which requires either a boat or a plane to get to.

Latest posts