Once in awhile

Mems

Nice smallies, I have caught them in still water like that and they do put up a good fight. I really enjoy them in moving water. My sister lives in virginia and smallies have saved many steams over there. Funny thing they will be in entirely different areas of the stream bed as opposed to trout. Mems.

That’s a good sized bug you are using. Do you have much trouble casting it?
Not really. It took a little trial and error. I use a airflo 10 wt redfish line on both my big rods and a Vision Big Daddy rod 9 wt or a Redington Predator 10 wt. I can throw pretty much the whole line but they have a sweet spot that becomes a lot easier and throws it plenty far.

Nice smallies, I have caught them in still water like that and they do put up a good fight. I really enjoy them in moving water. My sister lives in virginia and smallies have saved many steams over there. Funny thing they will be in entirely different areas of the stream bed as opposed to trout. Mems.
I need to fish more rivers starting with the Columbia. Soon as my busted but recovering ankle is up to running the trolling motor.

Latest posts