WDFW seeks candidates for ad-hoc fishing guide advisory group

BDD

This is a bit disconcerting. They disbanded the fishing advisory committee I was on a few years ago, made up of recreational anglers and a few guides. Now they want to have a committee specially for guides but without the recreational angler involved? Let's see, last I saw there were a few hundred thousand licensed recreational anglers in this state and a few hundred licensed fishing guides. That math doesn't' seem to add up...at least from a representation standpoint.

Slipstream

This is a bit disconcerting. They disbanded the fishing advisory committee I was on a few years ago, made up of recreational anglers and a few guides. Now they want to have a committee specially for guides but without the recreational angler involved? Let's see, last I saw there were a few hundred thousand licensed recreational anglers in this state and a few hundred licensed fishing guides. That math doesn't' seem to add up...at least from a representation standpoint.
Here is a link to 40+advisory groups https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/advisory that the WDFW uses to help develop policy. New regulations concerning guiding in Washington are being formed (as in guide log books) so an advisory group is in order IMO. As BDD noted advisory boards do come and go. That said, meetings are open to the public and you can attend and see what is going on, if it matters to you.

Jamie Wilson

Getting a little smelly