NFR 2019 Official WFF College Football Thread

The Arizona State v. Cal game was a pretty good match. I’m glad Cal lost, but they need to lose at least one more for UW to have the advantage. That said, I ‘spect Cal will not be challenging for the PAC 12 north division come Thanksgiving. I’m hoping for another meaningful Apple Cup.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Beavs lost again.....:oops:

The return of the bad ol' days.... again. Of course losing by a field goal in the last minutes is better than the blow outs from the bad ol' days.

Snopro

The Arizona State v. Cal game was a pretty good match. I’m glad Cal lost, but they need to lose at least one more for UW to have the advantage. That said, I ‘spect Cal will not be challenging for the PAC 12 north division come Thanksgiving. I’m hoping for another meaningful Apple Cup.
The PAC12 North Champ won't be any of the referenced teams.

IveofIone

So, how 'bout effen DISH suddenly dropping FOX Sports and The Big Ten Network? *#^%$$*@!!!!!
Really pisses me off. Anyone else?
Same here, it means no Seahawks games which isn't a big loss to me but it also means no World Series! It is just a travesty that Dish and Fox get in a big pissing contest and use the paying customer for leverage. No Huskys/SC game yesterday either. And to make matters worse, no NBC Sunday Night football either! Not only do the greedy corporate CEO's make 100X more than the average guy-they take away the very thing that you got TV for in the first place. Then they have the temerity to whine about how they are getting screwed on their broadcasting contract. What a bunch of lead plated sphincter men!

Same here, it means no Seahawks games which isn't a big loss to me but it also means no World Series! It is just a travesty that Dish and Fox get in a big pissing contest and use the paying customer for leverage. No Huskys/SC game yesterday either. And to make matters worse, no NBC Sunday Night football either! Not only do the greedy corporate CEO's make 100X more than the average guy-they take away the very thing that you got TV for in the first place. Then they have the temerity to whine about how they are getting screwed on their broadcasting contract. What a bunch of lead plated sphincter men!
...and when they reach an agreement, they will jack up your subscription cost way more than it will cost them. So, the network gets more, the provider gets more and the subscriber gets it in the a$$.

landlocked

Leach has troubles

Mike Leach rips 'fat, dumb' Washington State players after loss

Ouch
Thats just Leach being Leach. Nothing new there. If the players get offended by it then his point that they aren't mentally tough is correct. If you listen to his presser, he takes the blame for not getting the coaching through to the team. Yep, it may scare away of few snowflake recruits who want to be coddled, but if it does, they probably need to go somewhere where they can feel "special".

But, two weeks in a row...I got 'nuthin. Glad I went to fish the C-section of the Green to huck meat at the banks and browns instead of sitting in the rain at that game. I figured they'd get beat by a senior laden Utah team, but not smoked.

sportsman

...and when they reach an agreement, they will jack up your subscription cost way more than it will cost them. So, the network gets more, the provider gets more and the subscriber gets it in the a$$.
I just cancelled my frontier fios service. They dropped cbs 2 years ago & now threatening the same with NBC. Getting Infinity 3 play on Friday: more channels, cheaper and way cheaper cell phone. It's still more per month than my parents last house payment!

IEFBR14

Trout Bum
I just cancelled my frontier fios service. They dropped cbs 2 years ago & now threatening the same with NBC. Getting Infinity 3 play on Friday: more channels, cheaper and way cheaper cell phone. It's still more per month than my parents last house payment!
That is wild.

I recently got a smart phone after 15+ years of using a prepaid flip phone.
My new iPhone cost more than my first car.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I have a flip phone, I paid $19.95 for it about 5 or 6 years ago. I only use it for Phone calls. It does nothing else. If I want to take a picture I will use a camera. I get prepaid cards. I get a new card about every 3 months 20 bucks from the card with 60 minutes on it. My phone never rings and nobody has my number. I like it that way. Talking on a phone is a waste of time for me.

I take it with me in case I fall down or something bad happens to me. That is the only reason I have a stupid phone. I had a smartphone for about 9 months but gave it up because of the cost of using it. Like I said above. It never rang.

Rock Creek Fan

@Old Man - I have several friends, including my MIL, that use flip phones and are very happy with them. Some even text with them (for some ungodly reason). They laugh at the rest of us for paying so much. 'You are smarter than the average bear' for using the right tool to satisfy all your needs.

Latest posts