NFR 2019 Official WFF College Football Thread

landlocked

No I wasn’t researching. I was looking for Black Friday deals on Pepto to stockpile and guzzle while sitting in a boat with a purple W on it. ;) I guess nobody noticed the “” marks around the post? I can put the other 4 parts of it up if anyone wants a walk down memory lane of the Montlake skeeze show?
Hell, it's rivalry week, whether the games a rivalry anymore or not. Gotta throw a little shade up if you consider yourself a fan. With the One-sided way football has been for 7 years running, just think how boring it would be if you guys didn’t have the Mike Leach show in Pullman.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
No I wasn’t researching. I was looking for Black Friday deals on Pepto to stockpile and guzzle while sitting in a boat with a purple W on it. ;) I guess nobody noticed the “” marks around the post? I can put the other 4 parts of it up if anyone wants a walk down memory lane of the Montlake skeeze show?
Hell, it's rivalry week, whether the games a rivalry anymore or not. Gotta throw a little shade up if you consider yourself a fan. With the One-sided way football has been for 7 years running, just think how boring it would be if you guys didn’t have the Mike Leach show in Pullman.
A picture of the W over the Coug sticker on your drifter to verify our bet will be need.....;)
SF

landlocked

A picture of the W over the Coug sticker on your drifter to verify our bet will be need.....;)
SF
Oh it will get posted. I’ve already gotten a few offers from Boise State guys I fish with over here to take the action pics of it going on... The old girl is going up to Clack in IF in a couple weeks to get the bottom worked over this winter after 17 years. It’ll give me time to shop for the cheapest W sticker I can find!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Pac 12 Championship game.
Who have you got?
I'd like to see Utah win.

If Utah wins, it will be interesting to see if they can get into the CFP.
I think the only way they get in is if Georgia loses. Even if Georgia wins, I don't see LSU getting left out and Utah will end up at either number 5 or 6.

I think the big question for the number four spot will be if Georgia loses and both Utah and Oklahoma win.
Based on last weeks rankings, Oklahoma would have a better win over number 9 Baylor then Utah over number 14 Oregon.
Would that be enough to get Oklahoma ahead of Utah or will their loss to unranked Kansas St keep behind Utah, who's only loss is to ranked USC?
I can't see Baylor coming from number 9 to overtake Utah if both win.

I don't see Ohio St, LSU or Clesmon losing this weekend.

Thoughts or how you'd like to see things play out?
SF

quilbilly

gO dAwGs
Lol

Article I read said he was going to be a senior advisor ..... Whatever that means.
Given the UW already picked a coach, this must have been in the works for a while.
Being a D1 head coach is a grueling job, what with recruiting kids and dealing with know it all alumni.....boosters to keep happy, and in line so they don't get the program in hot water.
At 55, he can probably retire, or just cash that hefty check as a senior advisor.
;)

Less work, still around the game, with opportunity to coach again if he wants.

Last edited:

sportsman

Several of us have wondered about his health this year. He's looked thinner than usual...almost gaunt...and it has seemed the 'fire' has dimmed a bit. I do hope it's not physical. Jerry Jones would open the vault for him, but he would be a fish out of water in Dallas.

Jamie Wilson

Several of us have wondered about his health this year. He's looked thinner than usual...almost gaunt...and it has seemed the 'fire' has dimmed a bit. I do hope it's not physical. Jerry Jones would open the vault for him, but he would be a fish out of water in Dallas.
Except he coached the Dallas OC at Boise

creekx

spent spinner
Sounds like Jimmy Lake will be the new head coach. I bet Mike Leach is happy......;)
SF
If Leach sticks around, he may be happy. As for Lake, running an entire organization requires far more responsibilities than game planning and scheming with a load of talent on one side of the ball. If Lake has been the key figure on the recruiting trail and building the roster then this may work out well for UW.

Coach Pete has been the best HC they've had since James. He is a solid, stand-up guy and hard for even a Coug to dislike him. Will be interesting to see if he leaves this consulting role to coach elsewhere or in the NFL.

Latest posts