NFR 2019 Official WFF College Football Thread

quilbilly

gO dAwGs
I did read 'time to recharge' in one of the pieces I read....burnout is real in any high pressure position in any business.
Guessing he'd like a breather, or has another job in the pipeline down the road.

Either way, I liked him better at Boise St.
Good luck to him.
:)

NRC

Pac 12 Championship game.
Who have you got?
I'd like to see Utah win.

If Utah wins, it will be interesting to see if they can get into the CFP.
I think the only way they get in is if Georgia loses. Even if Georgia wins, I don't see LSU getting left out and Utah will end up at either number 5 or 6.

I think the big question for the number four spot will be if Georgia loses and both Utah and Oklahoma win.
Based on last weeks rankings, Oklahoma would have a better win over number 9 Baylor then Utah over number 14 Oregon.
Would that be enough to get Oklahoma ahead of Utah or will their loss to unranked Kansas St keep behind Utah, who's only loss is to ranked USC?
I can't see Baylor coming from number 9 to overtake Utah if both win.

I don't see Ohio St, LSU or Clesmon losing this weekend.

Thoughts or how you'd like to see things play out?
SF
I see OU getting the nod over Utah if both teams win out and Georgia loses. Agreed that it’s easiest to imagine both Georgia and LSU getting the nod of Georgia wins vs. LSU.

As an OU grad, it’s looking like the odds favor our usual path - we drop a big game to an unranked Big 12 team, largely because we have no defense to speak of, then finish out the season with just enough convincing wins to get our foot back in the playoff door. And then we get pantsed in the semifinal by whichever SEC or ACC team we get matched up against.

Now we do have a recent win against Ohio State, for those who remember Baker Mayfield planting the flag at midfield. I’d really enjoy watching that rematch, although we’re pretty clearly overmatched against all the teams currently ranked ahead of us, w/ the exception of Utah.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Though I think it will be tough to get him to stay, I think Lake's number one recruiting target should be Eason.

He showed lots potential this year but I think another year of college ball would benefit him moving forward.
Dollars and the risk of injury will play a huge part in his decision.
SF

Billy McFly

I read a tweet from a current player who was at the team meeting this morning before the public announcement. CP is burnt out and lost the drive. He has taken a different position with the school over looking all student athletes and other students in an advisory roll. Basically helping these lucky young people thrive. It sounds like he was very emotional. He is staying on through the bowl game to help with Coach Lakes transition and recruiting. All us Dawgs were lucky to witness the CP era at UDUB.

Bruce Baker

Pac 12 Championship game.
Who have you got?
I'd like to see Utah win.

If Utah wins, it will be interesting to see if they can get into the CFP.
I think the only way they get in is if Georgia loses. Even if Georgia wins, I don't see LSU getting left out and Utah will end up at either number 5 or 6.

I think the big question for the number four spot will be if Georgia loses and both Utah and Oklahoma win.
Based on last weeks rankings, Oklahoma would have a better win over number 9 Baylor then Utah over number 14 Oregon.
Would that be enough to get Oklahoma ahead of Utah or will their loss to unranked Kansas St keep behind Utah, who's only loss is to ranked USC?
I can't see Baylor coming from number 9 to overtake Utah if both win.

I don't see Ohio St, LSU or Clesmon losing this weekend.

Thoughts or how you'd like to see things play out?
SF
Yes. I am good as long as ND does not get selected for a New Year's 6 game :D

quilbilly

gO dAwGs
Though I think it will be tough to get him to stay, I think Lake's number one recruiting target should be Eason.

He showed lots potential this year but I think another year of college ball would benefit him moving forward.

SF
Of course, the coaches will have to try and get that point across to him, they need to be more compelling than his fat little girlfriend, now his fat little girlfriend has some obvious advantages of course, because she's telling him how great he is, telling him what he wants to hear....

Whoops , sorry
Wrong coach
Never mind....
;)

Latest posts