NFR 2019 Official WFF College Football Thread

underachiever

members only
I refuse to watch ND
I always hear people complain about ND’s tv deal as a reason they despise them. As an army brat I always enjoyed that their game was on tv every week. I could watch them every Saturday regardless of where I lived and it’s a big reason I become a football fan. It didn’t hurt that that they had consistently excellent teams then(late 80s/early 90s) but I wouldn’t have been as in to it if I was watching different players every week.

At this point, I don’t watch them unless they have an interesting matchup but I’m guessing there are lots of little army brats excited to watch their favorite team even though they live in BFE.

Bruce Baker

I always hear people complain about ND’s tv deal as a reason they despise them. As an army brat I always enjoyed that their game was on tv every week. I could watch them every Saturday regardless of where I lived and it’s a big reason I become a football fan. It didn’t hurt that that they had consistently excellent teams then(late 80s/early 90s) but I wouldn’t have been as in to it if I was watching different players every week.

At this point, I don’t watch them unless they have an interesting matchup but I’m guessing there are lots of little army brats excited to watch their favorite team even though they live in BFE.
Growing up in the New Jersey suburbs of NYC, I had to deal with ND game replays on Sunday mornings. I grew to despise Notre Dame due to having attended Michigan State University. I admit the TV contract is one reason. The second reason is that I do not believe they should have a say in the College Football Playoff as an independent. They want in, join a conference. I think they get ranked a little higher than they deserve, but also some other teams get that privilege such as Michigan. I perceive some special treatment, but that is solely my opinion.

sportsman

I'm sure ND is envious of the Pac 12 with a greedy commish who thinks he's royalty. Golden palace for the corrupt organization with headquarters in the most expensive city in the US.

Last edited:

underachiever

members only
Growing up in the New Jersey suburbs of NYC, I had to deal with ND game replays on Sunday mornings. I grew to despise Notre Dame due to having attended Michigan State University. I admit the TV contract is one reason. The second reason is that I do not believe they should have a say in the College Football Playoff as an independent. They want in, join a conference. I think they get ranked a little higher than they deserve, but also some other teams get that privilege such as Michigan. I perceive some special treatment, but that is solely my opinion.
Funny, I’d never heard of nd reruns on Sundays until one of the commentators mentioned it during their game. I had never known that was a thing.

Bruce Baker

In regard to the CFB, I initially thought when it was initially conceived it, the 4 top teams, regardless of conference affiliation. But it seems that is not the case because one factor I keep hearing of to be eligible for the CFB, is to be a conference champion.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Leach's collar tightening..up by 32, now up only 3 points after 4 straight UCLA td's

Minshew preparing to shave mustache to sneak out of stadium

Snopro

UCLA 29 unanswered points.

46 to 49, 14:28 in the 4th

Good news is it give the Cougs QB a chance to blow away some records. Probably would have been pulled if the defense did their part.

sportsman

Chippy is an idiot. Passing up a game tying field goal with 2:30 left. Now the Cougs fumbled again. Wonder what the over/under is?

Latest posts