Tying material “product review “ thread?

P-FITZ98

I was thinking it might be a good idea to start some sort of review thread, as so many new products come out. I love to play with stuff, especially when I find it on sale in the bargain bins to come to the conclusion of why it’s in the bargain bin. Might save others time and money, or share with what is cool?

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
veevus oval tinsels - the mylar on the outside doesnt fray/unravel from the core when being wrapped by hand

veevus thread - 12/0 is all that i use. lays flat when needed

uni-stretch - a good material for replacing floss. doesnt fray like floss does when wrapping. makes great ribbing substitute when tying thread is called for. white makes great breathing fibers for chironomids

colored uv resins - i tried the gulff brand colored uv resins and have to give them a 0 out of 10. they just didnt cure for me. new batteries in the light and they were still soft to the touch and popped like a bubble. tacky on the outside too. could it be the color addative material prohibits hardening? just a guess

solarez bone dry uv resin - its my favorite so far

Last edited:

Squamishpoacher

A bit confused...

Is this a thread reviewing threads? Or is this a thread stating that we need a place where we can comment on new products? For my 2 cents, a place for the latter where new products can be introduced, commented on, and photos posted to show how they can create patterns would be a great idea!

Yard Sale

Huge Member
A bit confused...

Is this a thread reviewing threads? Or is this a thread stating that we need a place where we can comment on new products? For my 2 cents, a place for the latter where new products can be introduced, commented on, and photos posted to show how they can create patterns would be a great idea!
Don’t tread on the thread thread!

I think people are just saying veevus thread is the new stuff they’ve been using and loving. I fully agree with them.

I’d say the diamond braid explosion has helped my winter steelhead flies. Not exactly a new product but the options these days is incredible.

Nick Clayton

colored uv resins - i tried the gulff brand colored uv resins and have to give them a 0 out of 10. they just didnt cure for me. new batteries in the light and they were still soft to the touch and popped like a bubble. tacky on the outside too. could it be the color addative material prohibits hardening? just a guess

Weird, I haven't had that issue at all with any of the Gulff resins. Colored or otherwise

Darby

I started using Textreme's stuff, amazing products! Best thing is a local company in Bellevue, is their US distributor.

Adam Saarinen

Hedron bigfly fibre! Hedron flashabou! Hedron Magnum flashabou! Holographic eyes direct from China, can't beat the price on them! Whiting feathers! Veevus threads! A lot of products from that South African Company H2O, i think that's the name with out looking!?! That DNA stuff from the Philopines! A.Jensen from Denmark has been bringing out some wicked shit like their grizzly craft fur! Loop saltwater angel hair! Both Loop & Guideline have been bringing out some amazing fly tying materials!

Latest posts