Tying material “product review “ thread?

luv2fly2

Been tying 4 60 years and veevus is my pick 4 the best. im no expert and would use others if I had 2. Mike w

Nick Clayton

PrimoTail bucktail is the shit....if you need long top notch bucktail for big flies.

You get what you pay for....That's the only place I'll order bucktail from where I can't physically see it myself. There's just too much shit out there.

I'm not familiar with this. I'm always on the lookout for quality bucktail. I'll have to check it out

P-FITZ98

Found some “brown mottled” slotted tungs in the bargain bin, half off and perfect color for a prince nymph, and these hooks are superb so far for me. These tots been getting tatered in the river lately. Heavy bead jig nymphs are the shitDFD7ADEC-B2C1-4B15-BDB9-9E3FC78D7C69.jpeg

Last edited:

ScottP

Wholesale Fly Company hooks (they have other products to offer, but I’ve only purchased hooks from them). With the untimely demise of Dai Riki hooks, I had to find something of similar quality and cost and these guys have met that need. I’ve only used their dry and scud models but they’ve worked just fine; with free shipping and quick service, I’m sold.

Regards,
Scott

tkww

Found some “brown mottled” slotted tungs in the bargain bin, half off and perfect color for a prince nymph, and these hooks are superb so far for me.
I'm glad to hear that, as I just ordered some. I was having too much fish damage with the "normal" euro jigs that don't really increase the shank length much but just keep jacking up the gape size.

P-FITZ98

I'm glad to hear that, as I just ordered some. I was having too much fish damage with the "normal" euro jigs that don't really increase the shank length much but just keep jacking up the gape size.
These shanks are longer, I was using Diaichi before, shorter

Latest posts