What's in your cast iron tonight? Or your...

CreekScrambler

I fixed up a plate of coho tartare lightly dressed with salt, pepper, olive oil, and bias-sliced green onion served with great crusty sourdough.

The tartare was made from the frame meat spoon scrapings off last week’s coho. I froze the coffee-cup sized portion for a week and thawed in the fridge 24hrs ahead of preparing as a safety measure for consuming raw fish.

8 hours later, I’m feelin’ fine. Give tartare a chance if you’re wishing for full use of the meat off a carcass. It was delicious, simple, and quite filling.

I should add that my fantastic old school Griswold skillet was perfect for lightly broiling a set of coho collars for a nice appetizer.

Last edited:

Riffling Hitch

Whats in your cast iron this morning

Found this Griswold pan in the thrift shop the other day. Had seen them before but really did not know what they were used for. After a little research I made my first batch of Aebleskivers this morning. I did not have powdered suger to dust them with but they went well with some jam.
thumbnail_65314939997__6A708D4E-CB87-42B9-9ADB-D7DF42E27385.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4047.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4049.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4052.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4059.jpg

SHD

Sunday’s brunch at home. Taking it easy, listening to jazz and cooking all morning. I don’t do enough of this.
76847AD3-8E80-4F5B-9C2E-2249E4A62345.jpeg
BE941CB0-1AC9-4221-9C46-EC1FDA9A8241.jpeg
Lots of homegrown stuff in the mix including purple potatoes, tomatoes, walla walla sweets, shishito, hot wax peppers, lamb’s quarters, eggplant, garlic and the chive garnish:) My #10early Wagner got the taters nice and crispy.

Jack MeHoff

Whats in your cast iron this morning

Found this Griswold pan in the thrift shop the other day. Had seen them before but really did not know what they were used for. After a little research I made my first batch of Aebleskivers this morning. I did not have powdered suger to dust them with but they went well with some jam.
View attachment 295074
View attachment 295075
View attachment 295077
View attachment 295078
View attachment 295079
my Danish grandmother would be proud, but you need lingon berrys & pickled herring as sides to enhance the meal

Matt B

WFF Supporter
Sunday’s brunch at home. Taking it easy, listening to jazz and cooking all morning. I don’t do enough of this.
View attachment 295323
View attachment 295324
Lots of homegrown stuff in the mix including purple potatoes, tomatoes, walla walla sweets, shishito, hot wax peppers, lamb’s quarters, eggplant, garlic and the chive garnish:) My #10early Wagner got the taters nice and crispy.
That looks amazing. And, you used AMERICAN bacon.
meme.gif

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts