WF6F

KerryS

Ignored Member
I need a new line for my 6 wt. I haven’t purchased a line in over 6 or 7 years and have absolutely no idea who is making what in the fly line world. Suggestions for a weight forward floater mid price range. What you guys/gals got?

chromie

Another vote for Scientific Anglers, especially for dry fly lines.

I have Mastery Series through Amplitude. I haven’t seen the benefit in having a 100$ plus fly line can’t stand the noise textured lines make on the guides.

Can’t beat the price for what you get:

dfl

Old, awful and ugly.
Go to a fly shop with an experienced staff and tell or show them the rod you'll be using it on and buy what they recommend.

Peyton00

Almost 60 yrs of fly fishing and you have absolutely no idea who is making what in the fly line world.

Did you stop learning after year one?

Reactions: dfl

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
cant even begin to answer without knowing what type of fishing you plan to do and what rod it is. I am mostly fishing airflo sixth sense and super dri lines.

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Thanks but I have been fly fishing for almost sixty years. I don’t need an ‘experienced’ twenty something to tell me what line I need.
yea, getting advice from someone who has probably cast most of the lines, gets to meet and talk to the company reps who go over all the technology in the lines, and talks to 100's of anglers and gets first hand feedback about how lines fish, cast, and fail..... but yea cause he is 20 or something he cant know shit.... LOL

KerryS

Ignored Member
yea, getting advice from someone who has probably cast most of the lines, gets to meet and talk to the company reps who go over all the technology in the lines, and talks to 100's of anglers and gets first hand feedback about how lines fish, cast, and fail..... but yea cause he is 20 or something he cant know shit.... LOL
Whatever Dustin. I know most of the guys/gals on this board and have fished with a bunch of them. I’ll take their recommendations, opinions over someone I don’t know, have no idea if they have experience or not and is getting paid to make money for someone else. I have also met a bunch of reps and have about as much respect for them as I do for a used car salesman. By the way I do have a go to shop and after I read the helpful posts (read, not yours) do my own research, I might discuss with them their recommendations. Whether I purchased from them or not is still my decision to make.

Jeremy Floyd

Veðrfölnir
Thanks but I have been fly fishing for almost sixty years. I don’t need an ‘experienced’ twenty something to tell me what line I need.

Re-read this when your sober! Lol, from the guy literally asking hundreds of thousands of 20 somethings online..

KerryS

Ignored Member
Almost 60 yrs of fly fishing and you have absolutely no idea who is making what in the fly line world.

Did you stop learning after year one?
Like I said to Bise. I know most of the folks on here and fished with a bunch of them. I value their opinions. I haven’t purchased a line in a number of years because I make most of my own lines and I am curious what others are using. It is part of my research.

To help you understand, this line will be used for cutthroat fishing in the river. I will be cutting a number of feet off the front, exact number of feet will be determined as I experiment with it. I will attach a loop to it and tips to the loop. I have been customizing my lines like this for over 25 years. It is for a very specific application.

Latest posts