hey the Amazon forest is NOT on fire

Timbow

So cnn, NPR, newsweek, msnbc and the internet are lying?
Ummm, yeah that pretty much sums it up.

b_illymac

Member Active
The recently elected government stopped sending money that went to Non Profit organizations in the Amazon (ONG'S) - that in fact are totally corrupted a drain from tax payers money - and now those people are upset and causing all this bs around the globe.
Is that why you can't find out how big these fires are anywhere? The old wildland fire fighter in me was curious the size of these fires and good luck finding an accurate picture of the size of them. Made me very curious.

Jerry Daschofsky

Will Fish for Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee.
You are implying that the satellite images of the smoke plume are photoshopped?
What is your agenda ?
They may be old pictures. Fires do happen. But no idea if those are current pictures or from another place altogether.

Last edited:

Mark Moore

Just a Member
I think he is a guide in that region. If you look at his profile it shows a website for a Brazilian fly shop.
Pretty sure he guides for Dorado. I think I've seen some video's. Got to fish for Dorado in Argentina once...sure was fun.

Rolski

Ummm, yeah that pretty much sums it up.

But your 2nd link shows the Amazon is actually on fire. Someone just used an outdated photo.

Attachments

Timbow

But your 2nd link shows the Amazon is actually on fire. Someone just used an outdated photo.
Yes, fires happen yearly in the Amazon. The snopes article just points out that the photo is NOT from any fires this year. Why would one need to use an old photo if the fires are this bad currently? Is it because they have an agenda and want to invoke fear and make the situation seem worse than it is?

Latest posts