Poaching musky on Merwin

dustinchromers

Was this the WDFW & A (Washington Department of Fish Wildlife and Advice)?
Yes. The officer kindly informed them of the clear poaching and spear fishing laws they have been habitually breaking for years. Many anglers have informed them as well. Maybe they will just stop being an officer contacted them. I'm sure they will. They seem like real standup guys with lookouts and whatnot. I'm sure now that they know better they will lay off and simply snorkel for the fun of observing the fish only.

Yard Sale

Huge Member
No. However, it's a quality fishery funded by your agency and there are a vast number of people that would like to keep it that way. Musky were introduced as sterile hybrid Tiger musky as a management tool to control sucker and pike minnow populations. It is working as gill net stomach surveys reveal that is 80% of their diet. To my recollection only 6 or 8% were Kokanee, trout and other silvery sorts.
Very cool

David Loy

Senior Moment
In other poaching news, a large party of “volunteers” was seen in a brazen daylight action removing English ivy, blackberry, and other invasive plants from a Seattle city park. When confronted, the Parks Department spokesperson said they were let off with light refreshments and a scratch on the wrist.
Yeah, I’ve seen some of these “bad actors” poaching along the BG Trail, while walking my Lordship. Think the misfit ringleader might be a certain curator, of sorts.

sportsman

Yes. The officer kindly informed them of the clear poaching and spear fishing laws they have been habitually breaking for years. Many anglers have informed them as well. Maybe they will just stop being an officer contacted them. I'm sure they will. They seem like real standup guys with lookouts and whatnot. I'm sure now that they know better they will lay off and simply snorkel for the fun of observing the fish only.
No doubt that they will repent. But the next day they' repent', citizen action is required. Highly recommend a T handled awl. No repairing sidewall punctures. So I've heard, along with an Ahole guide parked at Sultan, who was fully warned...so I've heard. It's obvious the ' law', especially in Eastern Wa. doesn't have the time or cares enough about the resource that belongs to all of us. Soap box retired!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info