Raft Island in Carr inlet

Gfisher2003

My family is going to be visiting and staying on Raft Island for a week and I will probably have access to a boat. Does anyone know what opportunities there are to fish around that area this time of year? I am down for anything either in the sound or streams and ponds nearby. If theirs anywhere else that I should fish in Washington then please feel free to give me suggestions!

Thanks! Gabe

also sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section of the forum, I'm from Oregon and am not on here often

Matt B

Dude, have you heard about the bass fishing in Washington?

Chucker

Chucking a dead parrot on a piece of string!
Good area for cutts, the top of Carr inlet is where the world renowned Purdy spit is. There’s also a hatchery right across the bay which right now has the tail end of a big chinook run coming in, and will be receiving some coho in September. Depends exactly when you will be there as to what to target.

rotato

It can be tricky finding moving water up there but I would go out at the top of the high tide and fish the points and rocky beaches. Look for current seams. I’d fish a pink zonker, white bugger, or sculpin fly. Depending on your boat you can head south to explore.

I live close by so feel free to ask questions pm or here

Good luck!

Latest posts