Team Engel here

Yard Sale

Huge Member
In the summer we get a lot of kite/windsurf bums crashing in their trucks in Hood River. Everything from the $100K sprinter vans with $10K of mountain bikes on the back to shitty 80s cargo vans. Walked by a mid-90s truck with a mis-matched shell covered in kiter stickers the other day and was pretty shocked to see a big ass Yeti soft cooler in the front seat. That thing cost more than his truck!

1morecast

I just finished writing my third complaint to Yeti regarding my second Tundra 45. The first holds ice like a champ. The second one I got to balance out the boat is compatible with a styrofoam $4.99 job from the local Circle K (emergency cooler for toting Natty Lights around in at the lake). If Yeti don't pony up a solution (other than their script corporate BS response of telling me to make sure the cooler is "cooled down" prior to icing it up, I need an Engel.
You will need a walk in, or a shit load of ice to cool down a cooler that size.

Snopro

... a big ass Yeti soft cooler in the front seat. That thing cost more than his truck!
I've seen the scenario before. Probably a gift.

You will need a walk in, or a shit load of ice to cool down a cooler that size.
Pre cooling prep at my house. Water from the hose is in the mid 50s so I fill and let it sit for an hour or two. It helps and beats throwing ice directly into an 80 degree cooler.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
But it's a "flyfishing" nipper. You wanna be the troglodyte out there just nipping away with your Rite Aid sourced clippers? I think not. Plus that one looks like a trout.
Rite Aid clippers are too high falutin for me. My teeth accomplish the same task for free. I do own a Yeti cooler though. The dichotomy of me.

If Engel’s were any good, they’d be waaaayyyy cooler.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
WFF Supporter
After many years of resistance, I finally drank the Kool-Aid and got an Engel a few weeks ago. I never saw the need, felt what I had was plenty, etc etc. I'm getting ready to pony up for a couple more.

Honestly, they really are that much better. I can use them as additional seating in my boat, you can stand on them, and when I was camped out on the coast all last week, it kept my dead cohos under a solid pack of shaved ice the entire time. My in-laws had igloos and had to do ice runs every day. They're also now drinking the Kool-Aid and getting on the bandwagon.

We all have different levels of needs, but I'm on team Engel now. Very worth it.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock