Team Engel here

Yard Sale

Huge Member
In the summer we get a lot of kite/windsurf bums crashing in their trucks in Hood River. Everything from the $100K sprinter vans with $10K of mountain bikes on the back to shitty 80s cargo vans. Walked by a mid-90s truck with a mis-matched shell covered in kiter stickers the other day and was pretty shocked to see a big ass Yeti soft cooler in the front seat. That thing cost more than his truck!

1morecast

I just finished writing my third complaint to Yeti regarding my second Tundra 45. The first holds ice like a champ. The second one I got to balance out the boat is compatible with a styrofoam $4.99 job from the local Circle K (emergency cooler for toting Natty Lights around in at the lake). If Yeti don't pony up a solution (other than their script corporate BS response of telling me to make sure the cooler is "cooled down" prior to icing it up, I need an Engel.
You will need a walk in, or a shit load of ice to cool down a cooler that size.

Snopro

... a big ass Yeti soft cooler in the front seat. That thing cost more than his truck!
I've seen the scenario before. Probably a gift.

You will need a walk in, or a shit load of ice to cool down a cooler that size.
Pre cooling prep at my house. Water from the hose is in the mid 50s so I fill and let it sit for an hour or two. It helps and beats throwing ice directly into an 80 degree cooler.

jasmillo

But it's a "flyfishing" nipper. You wanna be the troglodyte out there just nipping away with your Rite Aid sourced clippers? I think not. Plus that one looks like a trout.
Rite Aid clippers are too high falutin for me. My teeth accomplish the same task for free. I do own a Yeti cooler though. The dichotomy of me.

If Engel’s were any good, they’d be waaaayyyy cooler.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
After many years of resistance, I finally drank the Kool-Aid and got an Engel a few weeks ago. I never saw the need, felt what I had was plenty, etc etc. I'm getting ready to pony up for a couple more.

Honestly, they really are that much better. I can use them as additional seating in my boat, you can stand on them, and when I was camped out on the coast all last week, it kept my dead cohos under a solid pack of shaved ice the entire time. My in-laws had igloos and had to do ice runs every day. They're also now drinking the Kool-Aid and getting on the bandwagon.

We all have different levels of needs, but I'm on team Engel now. Very worth it.

Latest posts