FS 13' maxxon raft, frame, trailer, accessories.

Johnathon Quarrell

The time has come for me to let go of my raft. Recently started my own business and along with no longer having the space to store a raft, I am in desperate need of a flat bed trailer for my business. Selling my boat will help me pay for the trailer I will be purchasing.

Selling Price: $2900.00

This boat was purchased new by me in 2016 from Andy and Bax in Portland,OR. At the time they listed this boat as a "Prototype" boat for a new Maxxon raft they were testing. I believe the cost of the boat by itself was around $1200-$1400 at the time. I will do my best to list everything with the boat and give the best description I can.

The boat is a 13' Maxxon (prototype boat for model #XSB-390ul). I actually started a short thread about this boat on here the day I bought it. I was told it was a class 3 rated boat but since all I really do is fish it was perfect for me as a new rower. Im guessing you could find it still but Im not sure. Has a drop stitch removable floor and is self bailing. Has 21" tubes, a storage bag, and 2 unused thwarts. I added the black D-rings after a few trips out when I noticed the existing D-rings were too high on the boat to really cinch down the frame. The boat has never been patched and never had any repairs done to it. Always stored partially inflated in my garage or shop and cleaned/ sprayed with UV protectant 303 when needed. The top could probably use a chafe strip for the frame but I have never had any issues other than some black marks that came from the frame rubbing, never got around to having one installed just costly for me.

The frame is sort of a franken frame but is heavy duty and reliable. Mostly built of Hollander fittings although I added the stern frame, foot bar(narrowed from a wider foot bar I found used), and elevated fishing seat later as I could afford to purchase them. Has an NRS anchor system along with a few anchors I experimented with over the last few years, 1 chain, 1 triangle experiment and a really nice green anchor I built with 35lbs of lead melted inside. When I first built the frame I had it powder coated at the shop I worked at but as you can see I kept adding things and didn't keep powder coating:) The main frame rails are steel and the rest is aluminum. I can include a giant igloo cooler if you'd like as well.

I will include a high rise seat for the front of the boat as well as a lean bar for the rear stern frame. The high rise seat was shortened from a wider frame to fit my frame and it works as it should. Just didn't use it too much as I primarily fish the lower Deschutes and is not necessary.

Dry box was built by me and hold more crap than you will ever need out there. Built to be used as a rowing seat so I could easily access it. I could easily modify this dry box for the buyer to any height they'd like as well. Fully TIG welded and bone dry with full gasket around lid.

Oars are 9' carlisles that have been wrapped in pvc irrigation tape to cover the sun damaged plastic outer layer. Not pretty but they get the job done. Has a break down 3rd matching oar as well.

I will include the anchors, throw rope bag, straps for trailer and possibly willing to throw in a near new NRS electric pump.

The trailer was built by me roughly two years ago. Everywhere near as quality or better than any mass produced trailer out there. I wanted something that would fully protect the boat on the road so I built it 7'x12' with the winch and rear roller bar. Stake pockets integrated into the top so you can use this as a general utility trailer as well. It's not the lightest trailer in the world, but I guarantee it wont fall apart on those bumpy roads. LED lighting and wiring was done quite thoughtfully. Tires are in ok shape and has a new spare.

I love this boat and I'm pretty sad to see it go but I have to keep my business running and clear some space to expand in my shop. Boat is located in Bend, OR and depending on the timing I could meet in Maupin or any floatable water within a couple hrs from me and allow perspective buyers to take it for a spin. This boat has been down lots of rivers and seen lots of fish. I hope someone can enjoy this things as much as I have. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. Price is $2900.00, Feel free to make me and offer, worst I can say is no. Please try not to beat me up too bad on the price, It is a well cared for boat with years of adventures left in it.

Last edited:

Johnathon Quarrell

TTT. Got a good 16’-18’ flatbed trailer? Not looking to haul equipment just some heavy materials. Might be into a partial trade as well. Also looking for a frameless one man boat to keep me on the water. Fish cat scout possibly.

Last edited:

Johnathon Quarrell

Well I thought I had a buyer but didn’t work out. Boat is still for sale and is ready to fish. Again feel free to make an offer. It really is a great boat. Especially if it’s your first. I would entertain selling the raft separate from the trailer, but I will only sell the trailer if I sell the raft first.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info