Show me your Rod Boxes.

Coach529

Been casually shopping for a rod box for my pickup, but am too frugal to buy one.

Stumbled upon this that can be made for cheap.

AustinJenanyan-DIYRodBox_9937.jpg

http://www.outsidebozeman.com/magazine/archives/spring-2018/keepin-it-reel

What do you guys use?

Coach529

This would be mainly when I am going to and from the river......as well as while I am jumping between spots on the river.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I still keep them in the vehicle....just takes a few seconds to put them safe inside and a few seconds to reassemble!

GAT

Dumbfounded
When I was heavily into fishing for salmon,steelhead, SRC, me and the guys moved around quite a lot. We always put our rods inside the rig.

Plus, as Jim mentioned, I have no decals on my rig that indicates I'm into flyfishing. Decals are indeed an advertisement for tweakers to break into your rig in search of flyfishing gear they can steal and sell.

underachiever

members only
This would be mainly when I am going to and from the river......as well as while I am jumping between spots on the river.
Even then I put the rod in my car. I drive a small VW hatchback and I can fit 14ft spey rods in my car with this method.

1. Hook your fly to the guide directly above the middle ferrule and reel up the line so it's nearly tight.
2. Break the rod into two and stash it in the car.

Coach529

Even then I put the rod in my car. I drive a small VW hatchback and I can fit 14ft spey rods in my car with this method.

1. Hook your fly to the guide directly above the middle ferrule and reel up the line so it's nearly tight.
2. Break the rod into two and stash it in the car.

That is my current set up, but have ended up with a tangled mess a couple times.

chadk

Be the guide...
I just had a rod break in half when my buddy who was driving slammed on his brakes and the cooler slide into the rod...

Mark Koch

I like the reel on, rod tubes for SH Rods.

How long does it take to string a rod compared the cost of buying a new one.

My $.02

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts