Lost - Drift Boat Anchor - Yakima Canyon

Brian Caud

WFF Supporter
Long shot but thought I would post here.

Lost my drift boat anchor and pulley on the Yakima a couple weeks ago, a mile or so upstream from Umtanum. I was letting a buddy row for the first time and he was doing great until we hooked a fish and he tried to stop the boat... he kept the anchor release pedal mashed until all we were trailing was an empty anchor line. We went back to the spot where it was dropped and it was roughly 7'-8' deep and moving too swiftly with the heavy irrigation flows to go diving. Hoping with the crops slowing down and the river on the drop someone will see it. Its a 35#-40# bar/ spike style anchor with a red and silver pulley attached.

similar to this:
View attachment 210801

WillyOcean

Water is good for children and other living things
Yo hombre, I have a back up you can use till you get this worked out. I don’t have a back up pulley.

Brian Caud

WFF Supporter
Thanks. I purchased one from reds that night after we got off the river. I had two buddies in from out of town and we were camping and floating again on Sunday...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts