Suiattle river

Cmjamesmt

Forest time poster here

Any of ya know about suiattle and what it fishes like? Looking to stay at buck creek. Any info would be appreciated

Old Man

Just an Old Man
But Buck creek is fishable. Any little feeder creek will clear out a small space in the Suiattle river to create a small spot to fish. Also if spring is a long time coming the river will be clear in June. But when it warms up it's like flowing cement.. Did they ever replace that bridge over the river about half up the river. It washed out one year. If it is replaced go over it and check it out. Lots of beaver ponds on the other side of the river.

Edit: I have no idea why I put this info out there. If one asked like the OP asked or if they were new. But you really have to get out. Any trip is not a wasted trip. You get to see beautiful things and where to go and where not to go. Plus just look at all the tweakers that are out there fucking up the woods with garbage. If you pack it in you should also pack it out. Shit here I go rambling again.:(:(

Last edited:

dekartes

Same as posting the better high areas on the internet. 4 years later you need a permit to go there! Too many people in the Seattle area now. My favorite high spot got hot spotted online. I base camped early in the am and then went to hit some nearby peaks all day. When I came down there were 14 people in a small area and someone about to open my beer I left in the snow! I actually asked a few of them where they found out about the place and they both told me the same online forum. I took my beer back, packed up and left. I love the information flow in some ways and hate it in others. Anyway.

Jakob B

Jim, you complain at times about BS and how you think it’s BS there is not enough posting about “fishing”, I believe there is sufficient posting about all sorts of fishing on here. The actual BS is giving handouts to every “New Member” on this site which we have seen increase at a tenth fold the past year or so due to fly fishing gaining popularity and the booming Seattle population.

Have you not said enough about all these small waters yet, you haven’t fished them in years so you don’t care if you talk about them. They can’t handle the pressure that is/will ensue if this keeps up. They are members, if they have half a brain they can search old threads which is very little effort for them but still better than a handout.

I am young, almost 20 yet I cut my teeth on the Skykomish during its decline yet I would go every Saturday if I could just because I love to fish and see what’s around the next river bend. As I’ve fly fished more and more the same is true. I’ve discovered stuff only to have people blab about it on here and a bunch of noobies come and trample over it. Yet I’m young! I haven’t even fished many of the squirrelly waters I know many prominent board members here who are hell of fishermen have.

Nothing I said in this forum is untrue. The Suiattle has zero vis almost year round and is an unforgiving river, no one floats it because of this yet native chinook and steelhead call it home because of this.

What do you gain from sharing every small hidey hole you found decades ago that the few people who fish off the beaten path these days when it’s already hard to find solitude have worked hard to find. Only for someone who has just started the learning curve of fly fishing to go sweet I’m about to go here then post about it afterwards. You cheat those people by giving them handouts. They don’t ever find the reward of finding something themselves. Nor do they cherish it because they worked hard to find it so they share it as well. There’s a time and place for sharing these thing Jim and an online forum is not the place unfortunately.

Jakob

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Suiattle is not an everyday river for fishing.. I've seen it in the middle of summer when it looks like wet cement flowing. I only help some people anymore. I don't blab about places that are good fishing. I could tell you all where the good fishing is and let it go at that. But I'm not going to.

But I only inform a few on here about those places. So why do most get their panties in a bunch when I tell about places. Hell, all the places I have ever fished were listed in the regs. All it took was for me going and checking it out.

But it seems to me that most new people are just too goddamn lazy to go look. They all want places to fish handed to them without first checking it out. I sort of frown on that thing.

I'm also an old man now and just maybe I like to help a few young people out. I can't see nothing wrong with that. I put all my time and effort into this. I feel it is a good thing. Hell, maybe I ought to write a book on where I have fished. So your learning curve would save you gas and time away from your job.

Jakob B

Suiattle is not an everyday river for fishing.. I've seen it in the middle of summer when it looks like wet cement flowing. I only help some people anymore. I don't blab about places that are good fishing. I could tell you all where the good fishing is and let it go at that. But I'm not going to.

But I only inform a few on here about those places. So why do most get their panties in a bunch when I tell about places. Hell, all the places I have ever fished were listed in the regs. All it took was for me going and checking it out.

But it seems to me that most new people are just too goddamn lazy to go look. They all want places to fish handed to them without first checking it out. I sort of frown on that thing.

I'm also an old man now and just maybe I like to help a few young people out. I can't see nothing wrong with that. I put all my time and effort into this. I feel it is a good thing. Hell, maybe I ought to write a book on where I have fished. So your learning curve would save you gas and time away from your job.
You just said you frown at people asking for handouts... yet you give out handouts left and right!!! Sometimes to people who don't even ask (SF Sky thread last summer in which this similar conversation was had). There's nothing wrong with PMing someone and suggesting "oh maybe try this system, its difficult but if you put your time in you may find some cool things" instead of saying stand at this creek on the Sauk system or stand at this creek on the SF Sky. Everyone and their mother can read this thread, honestly Jim some of these areas are seeing too much pressure because of this online forum and people with a big mouth, not just you. I know you mean no harm but change your approach or just let people figure it out on their own.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I'm in Montana and I did kiss and tell about places to fish and got jumped on about. I haven't been back to a place I used to fish here in two years But I don't see that skinny water covered with cars from Washington state. The last time I was there I was the only one fishing. Dropping names about places in Montana shouldn't be such a big deal but some get butt hurt when a place is mentioned. Nobody bitches when one talks about blue ribbon waters, so why get mad over others places. Some people just don't get it.

Latest posts