Bear attacks near Bozeman

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Last edited:

Chromer J

When you're attacked by a griz and lacking preparedness, a little luck just might save your life:
"...may have been spared further attack from an adult male grizzly bear on May 1 because the animal bit into the man's holstered bear spray."

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I dont know what a "Grizzly Bear Recovery Zone" is but I dont think I like it nor the highlighting on this map.
A grizzly bear recovery zone is where the bears go to recover after attacking and mauling hikers, hunters, etc. The bears are quite winded after mauling someone, and they need to recover so that they are ready for the next hiker who invades their "bear" space.

NRC

WFF Supporter
A grizzly bear recovery zone is where the bears go to recover after attacking and mauling hikers, hunters, etc. The bears are quite winded after mauling someone, and they need to recover so that they are ready for the next hiker who invades their "bear" space.
And don't forget, also used as a safe space for the bears to detox after consuming tweakers.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts