Fish for Beda Lake... donations!

PezVela

As some of you know. the WDFW is scheduled to rehabilitate Beda lake in October, and restock it with fingerling to "catchable" trout in May 2020. I have suggested to Chad Jackson and Mike Schmuck (Epharta biologists) that we supplement that with a load of 200-300, 1-3 pound Triploid trout, and that has been approved. Troutlodge will sell them to us for $3.78 per pound, with a minimum of $1500 per load plus about $100 for transportation and permits.
I have set up a fund raising site on Facebook for $2000 in donations for the fish. Anyone should be able to find the FB site under Stephen Cushing or search "Fish for Beda Lake" under fundraising. All donations, large and small, are greatly appreciated! With a little luck we can get Beda Lake back up to the great fishing it use to be!

Buzzy

For a lot of folks, Central Washington is a destination for stillwater anglers. Many folks reverently talk about glory days at this lake or that lake. Heck, I landed a 30 inch Lahontan cutthroat at one of the four or five lakes* that hold them (how is that for not hot spotting?) @PezVela and his club and @zen leecher aka bill w with his club are doing their best to help fund not only planting trout into Beda but improve access.

How about anyone who remembers great days in the Basin or who fishes the Basin, pledge a donation to this project. Big thanks to Bill and Steve!

Pat

* Lenore, carefully released. Bead head hares ear, sight casting.

PezVela

Just a quick update on the fundraising for Beda lake fish. We're already up to $380 and a $50 check coming....(thanks Buzzy!) ... so that's $430! Excellent start! For those of you that don't do Facebook, I can accept money from PayPal, (send using "friends & family" for no service charge) ... and checks and cash. Feel free to contact me at [email protected], or call at 360 607-8933 for my address.

PezVela

We're up to $593...! I'm going to include my address with this post, because I'm off to the Oregon high Cascades to terrorize the fish for a few days. Not sure I'll have (or want) internet service up there. I'm getting checks in the mail, so if you're not up on Facebook... you can mail a check to the following address. Make it out to me, and include a note it's for Beda Lake fish!
Thanks,
Stephen Cushing
22324 NE Finn Hill Rd
Brush Prairie, WA 98606

PezVela

Update: As of Sept 25, we're up to $613... nearly a third of the $2000 we need! I think everyone must be fishing, because the donations have slowed. I've reached out to FFI, WA TU, and 20 Washington fly fishing clubs, so hope things will pick up. Every donation helps.. $10, $20, send what you can afford, and Beda Lake will have some good fishing in May!
I'm back from an excellent 3 days of fishing in Oregon! Crane Prairie was as good as I've ever seen it.. not a lot of fish caught, (10-12) but they made up for it in size. The largest I got to the net was 23 inches (!) and most were over twenty. And of course, I managed to lose one much bigger.. Wickiup was so low, (8% capacity) I couldn't bring myself to fish there. The farmers have taken all the water..

IMG_3675.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Old406Kid

Tried again, here's the message I'm getting.
"A temporary problem occurred when trying to complete your request. Please try again later."

PezVela

Thanks...! Any amount is appreciated. Have fun in Alaska... I lived there for nearly 20 years. It’s a beautiful state! Next summer you should try to fish Beda at least once.

Buzzy

bump.

Tomorrow night is the Moses Hole (oops) Lake fly club meeting where I'm supposed to give a progress report on fund collection and request the Dry Side members donate. Steve: Still at $613?

Latest posts