Vibrax blue fox fly equivalent

Yard Sale

Huge Member
My buddy does very well with a fly that is basically a chunk of blue flashabou with bead chain eyes. I gotta think it’s the same thing to the fish.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I used to tie one for the Yak years ago - lots of blue & silver flash. I don't know if I have any left, but I did hook a couple fall Chinook on them one year.

cmann886

Sounds like the pixie pirate, Jim & Yard sale. Use some craft fur the make a light weight ball towards the from to provide a wider profile with the blue and silver flashabou and it’s money. Although I have never used them the sonic cone head may add to the turbulence and might make it even more vibrex like (or add the propeller that is put on some Woolley bugers(.

Last edited:

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Sounds like the pixie pirate
I learned that pattern from the fella who ran a great fly shop here a number of years ago. We also used to fish a popular lake chain back when it wasn't so popular/over-run with people & it had some very big fish.

HawaiianInWa

Blind Casters Anonymous
Y
Sounds like the pixie pirate, Jim & Yard sale. Use some craft fur the make a light weight ball towards the from to provide a wider profile with he blue and silver flashabou and it’s money. Although I have never used them the sonic cone head may add to the turbulence and might make it even more vibrex like (or add the propeller that is put on some Woolley bugers(.
you got a photo?

cmann886

I learned that pattern from the fella who ran a great fly shop here a number of years ago. We also used to fish a popular lake chain back when it wasn't so popular/over-run with people & it had some very big fish.
Where did Conway go anyway? I lost track of him a couple of decades ago. But thinking about it you probably are referring to Westland at Clearwater Flyshop. Do you know if either of them are still around?

Last edited:

cmann886

I will tie one up later today and will attempt to post a photo. It will be a blue collar tie job, nothing like the well tied flies that most post on this forum.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Nope, Conway is the gent to whom I referred. Mark went to Alaska; no clue where he is now. I haven't seen John or his Son since the shop closed.

Latest posts