Tiger Trout

Ron Simpson

I have been going up to a high mountain lake above green water for 30 years and only caught brook trout....until last Sunday caught 4 tiger trout and 0ne dolly varden. I haven`t seen a plant for the lake by the state but it looks like a lot of tigers are in there. Any thoughts on this? Will the tigers take over this small lake?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Caught my first 4 years ago...high mountain lakes...beautiful specimens...The ones I have caught were 14 to 19"...and tasty...stuffed with huckleberries in camp.

I visited a beautiful alpine lake in the mountains of central Idaho 20 years ago that was full of stunted brookies. I was back a couple of summers ago to see the eclipse and hiked in to the lake again and was pleasantly surprised to find healthy sized brookies and, to my surprise, tiger trout. I suspect Idaho F&G must be using tigers for control of brookies, too.

Bowbonehead

Have yet to catch one but see that they are starting to stock them in some prairie lakes now so its only a matter of time........

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts