Trip Report Idaho Panhandle early Fall. Camp/Fish

Dan Sells

Great report! There"s definitely some huge bull trout in there. Caught a couple this spring that fought like a steelhead.
I saw some straight up logs in there. I hooked a small bull in one tailout and it ran down stream and suddenly shot forward and a bigger bull was chasing and almost got him. This thing was well over 2’ long.

Darkhelmets

I spent my first summer on the NF CW this year fell in love. Was thinking of doing a late season attempt next week. Am I crazy or will the trout still be hungry in Nov up there?

Dan Sells

I spent my first summer on the NF CW this year fell in love. Was thinking of doing a late season attempt next week. Am I crazy or will the trout still be hungry in Nov up there?
I know the st joe which flows from an area very close to the Clearwater, has lots of ice in the upper stretches. If I was going to go I’d probably start closer to the forks. Water might be above 40°?? It’ll be a fun trip fish or not.

mickeyrat

I was there a few days ago and didn't even see a fish. The water temperature was 32 and access to the water was spotty. We camped well below on the river and found less ice on the banks though some sections were completely frozen across upstream.
1106191324.jpg1106191107a.jpg

Latest posts