My awesome new rod landed an awesome fish!

fisharmy

It's never the gear; it's all you.
"....daintily slurping emergers", ............"pitbull on a yappy chihuahua", ................."the midge was set, and the battle was on"........ Jesus...... Possibly being too much of a superficial skeptic here, but this reads like freshman "creative" writing class submission. And, I doubt many here are angered by hotspotting the featured rod; anyone reading this was teased along, wondering what the hell rod you're so enraptured by. Nice fish though.
I give up. I'm done.

Buzzy

I give up. I'm done.
Hope not! I enjoyed the report, very much. I too use adjectives to describe events, yes - learned about nouns, verbs, adjectives back in jr and senior high school (but I really was more interested in fishing than school, it still shows).
And thanks for sharing details on your new stick. I’m curious about evolving rod technology - at 70 my shoulders get sore quickly when handling heavier rods.

my dainty frame keeps shrinking in height as I age, my large ears keep growing, my once luxurious hair has mostly fallen out only to be replaced with nose and ear hair.

Use the ignore function, quite handy.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
Hope not! I enjoyed the report, very much. I too use adjectives to describe events, yes - learned about nouns, verbs, adjectives back in jr and senior high school (but I really was more interested in fishing than school, it still shows).
And thanks for sharing details on your new stick. I’m curious about evolving rod technology - at 70 my shoulders get sore quickly when handling heavier rods.

my dainty frame keeps shrinking in height as I age, my large ears keep growing, my once luxurious hair has mostly fallen out only to be replaced with nose and ear hair.

Use the ignore function, quite handy.
YES! @fisharmy .... Use the IGNORE button. (I might even use it myself for the very first time.) Many folks here appreciate your posts. I like the way you write.

@Buzzy , off topic.... Now i want to see a photo of your “once luxurious hair”!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I was wondering if that fish was raised in a cement pond. It's got a lot of it's tail missing. Things like that happen in Cement ponds quite often.

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
man, tough crowd...

nice report! I shows everything there is to like about fishing for trout....the stalk, the stick, the pic.

While I'm not one who likes fish in the grass photos either, it's mighty presumptuous to assume one thing over another....what the circumstances surrounding it are.

Last edited:

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
"....daintily slurping emergers", ............"pitbull on a yappy chihuahua", ................."the midge was set, and the battle was on"........ Jesus...... Possibly being too much of a superficial skeptic here, but this reads like a freshman "creative" writing class submission. And, I doubt many here are angered by hotspotting the featured rod; anyone reading this was teased along, wondering what the hell rod you're so enraptured by. Nice fish though.
wow man, you took the time to actually write all of that out...and still thought it was a good thing to "add" to his report. :rolleyes:

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
"....daintily slurping emergers", ............"pitbull on a yappy chihuahua", ................."the midge was set, and the battle was on"........ Jesus...... Possibly being too much of a superficial skeptic here, but this reads like a freshman "creative" writing class submission. And, I doubt many here are angered by hotspotting the featured rod; anyone reading this was teased along, wondering what the hell rod you're so enraptured by. Nice fish though.
I enjoyed the write-up as well as the photos. If this was a football game, I believe this post would be flagged as a "late hit," lol. Carry on . . .

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Yes, Thanks for the report and the photos.

I have a fixed line Keiryu rod that the handle is the blank tapering to its greatest thickness covered with a non-slip coating. The graphite handle has noticeable increase in sensitivity over cork when fishing wet flies and weighted nymphs. Did you notice that with your rod?

fisharmy

Yes, Thanks for the report and the photos.

I have a fixed line Keiryu rod that the handle is the blank tapering to its greatest thickness covered with a non-slip coating. The graphite handle has noticeable increase in sensitivity over cork when fishing wet flies and weighted nymphs. Did you notice that with your rod?
That is a major point I neglected to emphasize. Thanks for pointing that out. The synthetic handle feels like it's one with the rod. I feel the tip's vibration in real time, if you know what I mean. Way more sensitive than the cork version. It doesn't have the insulating property of cork, you know. I think it's integrated, the synthetic handle and the butt section of the rod blank itself are fused.

fisharmy

man, tough crowd...

nice report! I shows everything there is to like about fishing for trout....the stalk, the stick, the pic.

While I'm not one who likes fish in the grass photos either, it's mighty presumptuous to assume one thing over another....what the circumstances surrounding it are.
You have no idea, brother.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
That is a major point I neglected to emphasize. Thanks for pointing that out. The synthetic handle feels like it's one with the rod. I feel the tip's vibration in real time, if you know what I mean. Way more sensitive than the cork version. It doesn't have the insulating property of cork, you know. I think it's integrated, the synthetic handle and the butt section of the rod blank itself are fused.
Now THAT aspect is intriguing - I didn't consider that. I like cork (likely because my hand has gripped that for 60+ years, but increased sensitivity could spell the difference with light takes.

Latest posts