FS 1998 Subaru Forester S for sale

IveofIone

Back in May my friend Roper advertised this and knowing how well it had been treated I bought it. I had 3 good reasons-it was a known one owner, I needed something other than a full sized pickup as a daily driver and at the time my granddaughter was having car trouble and I thought I would give it to her should she need another car.

It turns out that I like it so much a want a brand new one hence the sale. Here are the particulars. It has about 164,000 miles, has the latest head gaskets, is flawless inside with black leather in great shape, no body damage other than a small front fender dent, the shocks have been replaced and a new Japanese radiator installed, it uses no water and more importantly-no oil, tires are brand new and excellent Yokohama Geolanders with the mountain/snowflake symbol, it has new seat covers in red and black fabric and a matching steering wheel cover, new all weather floor mats, the wheels have been repainted with 4 coats of paint then 3 coats of clear coat and look factory new. The radio is an Alpine with a single CD slot. Seats are heated and rear seats recline. It has a 4 speed automatic transmission and I think about the best mileage you can hope for is around 25. It runs strong and smooth and handles area passes with ease, tracks straight and true and is fun to drive. And of course it is all wheel drive.

So what's the down side? Well, it's 22 years old and has no satellite radio! Also it had a new windshield installed 3 weeks ago and last week a pickup truck threw a rock that put a crack at the bottom of the windscreen. Since the rest of the window is still perfect I am not going to replace it again but will ask a reduced price to compensate.

How long it will last is anybody's guess but it is in vastly better condition than most cars it's age and has been maintained extremely well. The first $3,500 takes it.

Back in May my friend Roper advertised this and knowing how well it had been treated I bought it. I had 3 good reasons-it was a known one owner, I needed something other than a full sized pickup as a daily driver and at the time my granddaughter was having car trouble and I thought I would give it to her should she need another car.

It turns out that I like it so much a want a brand new one hence the sale. Here are the particulars. It has about 164,000 miles, has the latest head gaskets, is flawless inside with black leather in great shape, no body damage other than a small front fender dent, the shocks have been replaced and a new Japanese radiator installed, it uses no water and more importantly-no oil, tires are brand new and excellent Yokohama Geolanders with the mountain/snowflake symbol, it has new seat covers in red and black fabric and a matching steering wheel cover, new all weather floor mats, the wheels have been repainted with 4 coats of paint then 3 coats of clear coat and look factory new. The radio is an Alpine with a single CD slot. Seats are heated and rear seats recline. It has a 4 speed automatic transmission and I think about the best mileage you can hope for is around 25. It runs strong and smooth and handles area passes with ease, tracks straight and true and is fun to drive. And of course it is all wheel drive.

So what's the down side? Well, it's 22 years old and has no satellite radio! Also it had a new windshield installed 3 weeks ago and last week a pickup truck threw a rock that put a crack at the bottom of the windscreen. Since the rest of the window is still perfect I am not going to replace it again but will ask a reduced price to compensate.

How long it will last is anybody's guess but it is in vastly better condition than most cars it's age and has been maintained extremely well. The first $3,500 takes it.
PM sent

Bowbonehead

The better half just got a the new model earlier in the year and so far so good ...... I have not driven it much myself as I generally need a truck box for the extra gear but will drive it some next month and have a better feel for it.....

racermo

Watch that Backcast
I ignored this the first time around and kicked myself for doing so - car for daughter you understand. Then I missed it again.... But.... In the interim my 2008 Forester got totalled by a Buick in a rear-ender on Hwy 14 so I picked up a slightly used 2018. Nice ride. The eyesight adaptive cruise control is worth the price of admission. You'll like the new one.

IveofIone

If only selling my Lance trailer was this easy!! You would think that selling a better than new $45,000 trailer for only $25,000 would be easy. It's not.

First time RV owners often look for the cheapest thing possible only to learn that it will soon have to be replaced soon by something more substantial for long term use. sigh.....:(

Latest posts