13 YO Breaks 42 year Utah Golden Trout Record

GAT

Dumbfounded
I'm not so sure a golden trout isn't native to Utah but I'm not sure. I know the suckers are hard to find in Oregon! If it was legal for the kid to keep it, then so be it. Big fish that he'll never forget.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I'm not so sure a golden trout isn't native to Utah but I'm not sure. I know the suckers are hard to find in Oregon! If it was legal for the kid to keep it, then so be it. Big fish that he'll never forget.
I guess that you didn't read the whole article. The are only native in the Upper Kern river basin in California. But they have been planted in other very high lakes. Even some in Washington State

wetswinger

Invasive species!
You are right. Most of the Uinta mtns. drain to the Green R. and the Colorado Cutt. is the native trout. The other drainage is Great Salt Lake and those harboured the Bonneville Cutt. Way back the lakes were all stocked on horseback with introduced Brook trout. They seem to thrive in the harsh, alpine environment where they are frozen over 8 months of the year. When you find a lake that is'nt winter killed, the action is hot. The high country basins are crammed with lakes, a wonderers dream...the authorities are slowly trying to introduce the natives back into their historic drainages where they can still be found in the low land streams..

GAT

Dumbfounded
I guess that you didn't read the whole article. The are only native in the Upper Kern river basin in California. But they have been planted in other very high lakes. Even some in Washington State
Well, okay then. ... now I know.:)

Latest posts