Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing Log/Journal

896 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Nooksack Mac 
#1 ·
Curious what log/journal everyone is using to record hunts, weather, etc. I'm tired of using a spiral notebook and looking for something organized. Looking for a paper bound type of journal, not interested in any apps for my phone. Thanks.

#4 ·
My final repository has been a Word document describing the events of each trip with embedded pictures. On my computer, I have a master folder for fishing reports and subfolders for each major location. When I'm planning a return (or its the doldrums of winter and I'm staring out my window at dark damp skies), I open the Word files and relive the trip.

For a single-day trip, I just wrote my personal trip report that evening or in the next few days. For a multi-day trip, I started with hand-written notes at the end of each day. When I got home, I would flesh out these notes in Word and add in photographs. After adding an iPad to my toys list, I now write preliminary notes on that and complete the trip report, often day-by-day, when I'm back home.

Steve

#6 ·
In my mid-teens, I started keeping a journal of my outdoor travels. After writing in lined notebooks for the first few years, I bought a German typewriter from my English teacher. I typed entries on blank paper with three binder holes. In time, there were six volumes. For the last decade, I'm back to writing in notebooks. On the back sides of each page, I mount photos, cast 'n blast magazine art, old fishing licenses from here and there, etc. I read them occasionally, but it's embarrassing to be reminded of what a poor, fatuous writer I was at first. What can you expect from a teenager?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.