Lenice...what a fine girl.

fishon61

There are few lakes that bring joy to fly fishing. Lenice does it for me. Fished it today with Eric. Made the drive out of the rain in Seattle to the dryness of Eastern Washington. Fished four hours. Once we found the fly the fish wanted smiles came to our faces.

Fish ranged from 14 to 19 inches. Trolling on full sink with stripping and plain trolling worked for us. Strong pulling fish. Landed 10 to hand and same amount for LDR’s.

it was well worth the trip. Now back to liquid sunshine. Calm wind and rising fish. Take advantage of remainder of the season.

Attachments

• 595CD5F2-A05A-4C59-98A0-0A559E961A45.jpeg
    595CD5F2-A05A-4C59-98A0-0A559E961A45.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 15A686C7-686A-454B-983F-011F2198AC16.jpeg
    15A686C7-686A-454B-983F-011F2198AC16.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 182

socus

I was also at Lenice today (in the green pontoon). After a slow morning the midges really started coming off around 2pm. I fished the deeper channels on either side of the shallow bank in the west end of the lake and was getting a take down ever 2-3 minutes for the better part of an hour. An all red chironomid was the ticket today.

para_adams

There are few lakes that bring joy to fly fishing. Lenice does it for me. Fished it today with Eric. Made the drive out of the rain in Seattle to the dryness of Eastern Washington. Fished four hours. Once we found the fly the fish wanted smiles came to our faces.

Fish ranged from 14 to 19 inches. Trolling on full sink with stripping and plain trolling worked for us. Strong pulling fish. Landed 10 to hand and same amount for LDR’s.

it was well worth the trip. Now back to liquid sunshine. Calm wind and rising fish. Take advantage of remainder of the season.
Glad you guys had a great day! The fishing in my office was not so great....

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
Thank you for the report. It is greatly appreciated. I fished Lenice a lot back in 80's and early 90's. Then the poaching was rampant (and hurt the fishery IMHO) and have not gone back since. Glad to hear it is getting better. May have to go again...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts