A Spey Muddler variation that does it all!

Razkal

@followmyfly (on instagram)
Sharing this spey muddler variation I came up with that has been an awesome fall/spring swinging pattern thus far on the great lakes tribs I fish. Thinking I should do a tying tutorial for it. Anyone else fish muddler patterns with success?
I first used one 8yrs ago when I started fly fishing, it came in a box of flies as part of a beginner set from Canadian Tire. It caught a fish and I have been tying many variations of muddlers ever since.

Attachments

Jim Darden

adjust your profile to tell us where you are from, then tell us whether you are using this dry or wet, you may get a comment....

O' Clarkii Stomias

A muddler is/was my favorite fly for summer run steelhead in various versions and colors. It also accounts for a good number of trout caught over the years. Cutties luv 'em! You pattern ticks a lot of boxes for me. Inspiring!

Razkal

@followmyfly (on instagram)
adjust your profile to tell us where you are from, then tell us whether you are using this dry or wet, you may get a comment....
Ontario, it’s In my profile. Scandi lines, poly tips or just a 12ft tapered leader. Typically when clarify is clear to really good, this fly goes on the line.

Jim Darden

My favorite way to fish them is dry on a scandi......but they sure work well wet for coho or steelhead.....or most anything else. I love the look of your variation, looks like it would skate real well.

Latest posts