Best source of mail order beads?

Nick Clayton

Made my first order for some white tungsten beads for some blood worm patterns. Great prices for sure.

I have bought thousands of beads and cones from them, literally. I find that there beads aren't always perfect. Sometimes one has burrs on it, or is a bit out of shape or something, but the price makes that completely acceptable for me.

Darby

I never thought there was a difference in beads and always expected to have a couple unusable ones. That is until I ordered Nymphmaster's 98% tungsten beads. Only beads I order now. Their hooks are super sharp & strong too, plus I like you call and they pick up the phone.

Hendodesign

I never thought there was a difference in beads and always expected to have a couple unusable ones. That is until I ordered Nymphmaster's 98% tungsten beads. Only beads I order now. Their hooks are super sharp & strong too, plus I like you call and they pick up the phone.
How do you guys like the quality of their barbless hooks (WholesaleFlyCompany and Blue Wing Olive) in comparison to say Firehole and Hanak? I've been using firehole pretty exclusively for my jig hooks but Wholesale and BWO has nice prices on bulk hooks.

Darby

How do you guys like the quality of their barbless hooks (WholesaleFlyCompany and Blue Wing Olive) in comparison to say Firehole and Hanak? I've been using firehole pretty exclusively for my jig hooks but Wholesale and BWO has nice prices on bulk hooks.
I'm not sure if you're asking about Nymphmaster or the others you mentioned... I order from them exclusively. All their stuff (hooks, beads, & materials) is the best I've used, plus what's really important to me is their customer service. Call they answer, not happy they'll fix it, I just ordered some of their saltwater hooks. If they're anything like their other hooks should be a great product.

Hendodesign

I'm not sure if you're asking about Nymphmaster or the others you mentioned... I order from them exclusively. All their stuff (hooks, beads, & materials) is the best I've used, plus what's really important to me is their customer service. Call they answer, not happy they'll fix it, I just ordered some of their saltwater hooks. If they're anything like their other hooks should be a great product.
Just asking how the hooks from wholesaleFlyCompany or BlueWingOlive compare to the branded competition barbless hooks like Hanak, Firehole, Fulling Mill, etc ...

Krusty

I try to buy locally (and absolutely never use a local shop to evaluate gear I then buy on line) but it's getting rougher due the fact there's only two in Spokane (and soon to be only one) and product selection is occasionally limited...so I use Feathercraft or Amazon. Neither Spokane shops really have an on-line presence.

Amazon Is almost uniformly dependable, but I watch out when they're selling product through a third-party vendor; I've had them string me along for weeks with moving shipping dates, only to be eventually told it's not in stock, and won't be available.

There are, of course, a couple big box stores that offer a very slim smattering of flytying materials, in small quantities, of dubious quality, at outrageous prices.

Last edited:

Spawnflyfish

Spawn Fly Fish
I never made it to a fly shop this year and my stock is a little down. With Friday being the official opening of fly tying season around here I need to resupply. So who is the best on line source of tungsten beads?

And pheasant tail? Halfbacks take a lot of pheasant tail and my stock of that has dwindled as well. If some of you bird hunters have some extra I would be happy to buy it from you. Biggest fish of the year-23'' but close to 6# -came on a size 12 Halfback last week along with the majority of fish that I caught this season. Latest iteration is to add a tiny strip of mylar to the wing case to create the Flashback Halfback. Nothing fancy, just barely noticeable. A real fish getter this fall.
If you’d like to shop local our website www.spawnflyfish.com has a good selection of beads. We have over 8000 in stock tying products and anything you can’t find we will stock. We photograph everything in house so you can really understand exactly what you’re buying. We are based right here in Olympia, Washington for all you Washingtonians! For WA shoppers it generally arrives in 2 days sometimes the next day if you’re in Western WA. Feel free to reach out or call us anytime and we can help!

Last edited:

Red64

Ive, if you still need pheasant tails, one of my friends who hunts gave me some. I tied him a bunch of PT's and halfbacks and have some left over. All I ask is you pay postage and cost of a shipping envelope. I am in Arizona and shipping inside the US is no problem, Canada I am not sure. If you are interested send me an Email; [email protected]
William

Meeshka

I tried a couple of years ago to send pheasant feathers to a friend in Idaho. Confisgated at the border. Albeit my buddy raises them and I have no shortage. For the hastle I cannot ship feathers or fur accross the border. Synthetics, hooks no problem.

Doug

Latest posts