Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Is this bear scat

5K views 71 replies 41 participants last post by  Hatty 
#1 ·
Never lived in bear country tell now, so I'm not real sure if this is bear scat or not.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Tough to say. Like Rob said usually in bigger piles. Up here in the fall, like it is now, the piles we see are dinner plate size built up about 8 inches. Chauk full of berries. With temps supposed to be in the -20C for lows by Tuesday night they just might go to bed for the winter.

#11 ·
My thought was raccoon as well, just based on the small size.

At my previous house I had a couple ornamental plum trees, that would still throw a crop of small cherry sized plums every once in a while. There was a raccoon that would go up in the tree and gorge himself on the little plums, pits and all, and then retire for the night to my woodshed. Once he established himself at the top of the stack, he would then proceed to shit himself, no doubt due to the massive amount of fruit he'd just eaten.

The stuff I had to clean off my firewood looked a lot like what's in your picture.

andy

Reactions: quilbilly
#15 · (Edited)
No. While not a WDFW trained biologist, I believe those are peanuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.