Favorite 5 weight Switch Rod???

freestonebound

I've got some money to spend and I'm looking for a new 5 weight switch. What are your favorites? (Yes, I know this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find the thread)

Mark Mercer

Douglas DXF 51064 been using a OPST commando smooth 300gr (with tip) but I'm now using a SA Scandi lite 360gr works great with both lines. A really nice mid priced switch.

wetswinger

Echo SR. I only use it for overhead casting on the beach and love it. Traded up from their Classic model. Make your life easy and use an integrated line and use polyleaders if needed..if you want to Spey cast, get a Spey rod..

XP

Mod Extraordinaire
I am pulling the trigger on the sage one 11'6". Now that its discontinued you can get one for under $ 500. Forgot how much I wanted one until you brought it up. So many rods... so little time.
Works awesome with a 300 grain commando head. I use it for trout Spey but also holds up to steelhead.

freestonebound

Works awesome with a 300 grain commando head. I use it for trout Spey but also holds up to steelhead.
Thats what I have. Im looking forward to fishing the OPST floating tip, as well. I will use it for trout and small mouth.

Last edited:

Latest posts