Rain Bibs?

Ryan Higgins

Gill is a very reputable brand. I've had my Gill jacket for going on eight years now and its as dry as the day I bought it. Just went and got myself a new set of bibs and an insulated jacket from them. Excellent stuff.

These guys have a great sale going right now, if your size is still in stock

Old406Kid

Gill is a very reputable brand. I've had my Gill jacket for going on eight years now and its as dry as the day I bought it. Just went and got myself a new set of bibs and an insulated jacket from them. Excellent stuff.

These guys have a great sale going right now, if your size is still in stock
Thanks, unfortunately out of stock in my size but I'll check some other sources.

Old406Kid

cut the booties off an old pair of waders and... presto chango... you've got yourself some bibs!
I might occasionally use them as a shell snow skiing...might get some weird looks with cut off waders.:rolleyes:
At 70 I also need the zippers, especially the emergency one.:D

Last edited:

Slipstream

Like Salmo_g and Buzzy I'm wearing Helly Hansen bibs purchased in the early 80's. Last year a couple of clips broke on the suspenders so I called their customer service and they sent me a new pair of suspenders @ n/c. They will probably last another 30+ years. Unfortunately I probably won't.

2kayaker

Get a leaky, retired pair of chest waders ( a friend will give you a pair if you don't have one) and cut the booties off. Zipper ? That'll cost $100 .

Latest posts