Best fly fishing TV show (not on air anymore)

RickG

I only remember a couple of shows. Walkers Kay Chronicles and Seasons on the fly. I only watched WKC because that was what was on before a car race. I didn't mind seasons but after they started going to Alaska all the time I didn't care for it. The last one I watched they had managed to get to fish on a river that only a very few people were aloud to fish and not just anyone could. I gave up at that point. Now about the only one I am willing to watch is Bill Dance. I know it's not fly fishing but I kinda enjoy his quirkiness. Been a long time tho since I have seen it. Haven't looked either.

obiwankanobi

Okay, my mind is drawing a blank.
Not saying it was the best but what was the one produced by Bob Asbury with Carl Mann
out of Liberty Lake, WA?

One of my fishing buddies and I still use one of the opening lines while gearing up.
"Are you ready Carl? I'm ready Bob."
I believe it was Trout TV.

Bruce Baker

I will just list some shows I liked since non-fly fishing has been included:
Sportfishing BC
Sport Fishing on the Fly - not sure if this is the show. Saw it when I first moved out here. There were two guys and besides showing where to go, there talked about the flies and how to tie them. There website had tying videos, but I cannot find them.
Rod and Reel (NY public tv)
Rod and Reel Streamside (NY public tv)
Mark Sosin's Saltwater Journal

Thrasybulus

The new fly fisherman
Hooked on Africa is an excellent program. Still going in 2019, season 6.

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
"Is anyone here old enough to remember Gadabout Gaddis, the Flying Fisherman? "

Many years ago I was an undergraduate geologist working summers in western Montana. I was working out of Melrose, and showed up at the local cafe for breakfast. Sitting in one of the two booths was Curt Gowdy and Gadabout Gaddis, having breakfast. I recognized Mr. Gowdy immediately, and then recognized Mr. Gaddis. After my first cup, and after they finished their breakfast and rose to leave, I introduced myself and told them how much I enjoyed their work, and wished them luck fishing that day. They were complete gentlemen, asked a question or two about me and my experience in the region (not much) and off they went. I've not forgot that brief meeting since.
See also: The American Sportsman show.

Hem

Watched Jose of Spanish Fly whenever that show was one...didnt know he passed. Has it been that long...clueless..what's the story?
Guess I could Google it.

Jmills81

The Dude Abides
Okay, my mind is drawing a blank.
Not saying it was the best but what was the one produced by Bob Asbury with Carl Mann
out of Liberty Lake, WA?

One of my fishing buddies and I still use one of the opening lines while gearing up.
"Are you ready Carl? I'm ready Bob."
columbia country, which became trout tv with hilary

Bowbonehead

I will just list some shows I liked since non-fly fishing has been included:
Sportfishing BC
Sport Fishing on the Fly - not sure if this is the show. Saw it when I first moved out here. There were two guys and besides showing where to go, there talked about the flies and how to tie them. There website had tying videos, but I cannot find them.
Rod and Reel (NY public tv)
Rod and Reel Streamside (NY public tv)
Mark Sosin's Saltwater Journal
www.sfotf.ca

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock