"fly fishing a crankbait is like cheating at solitaire"

freestonebound

Go to Walmart and save your self the money. I bought a crankbait once hoping to entice my kids into fishing as they grew out of fishing. I figured I'd make it easier for them. They both used to fly fish with me. It didn't work. I haven't used it since the last time the boys would go fishing with me. Apparently, video games are more fun.

Last edited:

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
$5 says the OP is a bot.
yeah bot dropped a lot of names of products for a first post...agree with you there

Imagine being the jerk who has to set up a bot to popularize jerk-baits and troll cranks on internet forums. Ironic on so many levels.

Plus there is literally no way to combine these words to make sense:
"Fly fishing at solitaire is like cheating a crankbait"
"Cheating at fly fishing is like a solitaire crankbait"
"Crankbait at cheating is solitaire like a fly fishing"

Last edited:

TJeff

I bought a Gloomis Greenwater for crankbaits, probably 15 yrs ago to serve as my sea trout, redfish, snook, etc rod for fishing grass flats in Florida, from a boat. It double dutied as a bass rod. Extra fast. It met its demise due to a car door and some wind one succesful fishing day. And before I knew about the warranty I tossed it in the dumpster for an hour. Someone scavenged it in the meantime.

After trying several high-end rods since then. That was my all-time favorite. I literally had one rod...one lure. I caught everything on it. I never replaced it since I don't fish in Florida any longer, but I still feel like a part of me is missing.
Yeah, I was choosing from these ones, but then one guy offered me one of his G Loomis . He's got a couple of 843's and 845. I was not sure if it's a good deal.

TJeff

yeah bot dropped a lot of names of products for a first post...agree with you there

Imagine being the jerk who has to set up a bot to popularize jerk-baits and troll cranks on internet forums. Ironic on so many levels.

Plus there is literally no way to combine these words to make sense:
"Fly fishing at solitaire is like cheating a crankbait"
"Cheating at fly fishing is like a solitaire crankbait"
"Crankbait at cheating is solitaire like a fly fishing"
Give him a chance. He's fighting crime over the internet

freestonebound

Guys, but still need your help with this one. I'm thinking of improving my skills with crankbait bass fishing. Need to know your thoughts on what rod to buy. I saw a Kevin VanDan video where he's using his tour series rod (fiberglass and graphite blend) He describes all the pros and cons. So, I thought about buying a new one for me. Are here any of Fenwick Elite Bass Casting, Okuma Scott Martin Tournament Concept rod owners. Actually I saw all of them on one review site. Just need a professional opinion which one from above is better
I just noticed in your profile pic your using a spinning rod. Very few posts and asking spinning rod questions. Turn the car around.... Your on the wrong side of town. Wouldn't want to see you get (your feelings) hurt.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
And who the hell is Kevin VanDan? The more I see this post the more irritated I become.

Chuckling... the OP posted a link to a review about crankbait rods written by these people, who, not that I am gonna stereotype or anything, look like they may not do that much crankbait fishing. I mean not even one of them is wearing Oakleys.
1573794409602.png

On the other hand if this guy wrote the review, my fishing profiling, which I never do btw, would make me at least take it a little more seriously
1573843961156.png

Latest posts