Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bass Boat Wreck

2K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Jerry White 
#1 ·

#4 ·
Do bass boats really need to go 100?
I guess when you are trying to win the Bassmasters or the Major League Fishing Tournament Jack Links Trophy and there are only 15 minutes left in the period...... and you need to catch a mack hog daddy bucketmouth pitching into that hydrilla patch that is 5 miles away.
#speedmattersson! ;)
SF

#20 ·
Closest I've ever come to that, I was foolishly wading in fast water, and went head over tea kettle :confused:

And I think I was way more scared than those two yahoos
I've gone swimming in winter by accident many times. But nothing scared me more than the time my foot got entrapped by rocks in knee deep water.. took me 10 minutes to get free.

#24 ·
I‘ve watch guys on the river with overpowered sleds hit hidden sand bars. Fortunately no one has gotten hurt. I wonder how much speed had to do with it. My sled might do thirty, thirty five downstream with a tail wind. Plenty fast. All speed does in a fishing boat is get you in trouble quicker.

#25 ·
Speed on the water is way more relative than land. In our local rivers, 30 is usually way too fast. On a lake, hard to solo ski at 30. On a go fast boat in the sound, barely on plane. I was lucky to fish on 2 different 58' limit seiners in SEAK that could log an honest 10kts, 11.15 mph. Lot's of guys said they could, but most were left in our wake, none ever passed us. Watching another boat only ONE mile away on the radar, if they had an emergency, it would take us SIX minutes to get there. You know because you've been there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.