Sage One 6116 + favorite skagit line? (Help needed)

freestonebound

I just bought the Sage One 6116. Anyone line this model yet? What worked out for you?

Also,

What is your Favorite Skagit line? What would you put on the 6116?

I am new at spey casting and have only used Rio max short and OPST commando.

Jakob B

If you are partial to the Rio Max Short a 425gr head of that model line would pair nicely. An Airflo skagit compact in a 420gr would also cast well. Go with a 450gr Airflo if you want more rod load.

Jakob

freestonebound

If you are partial to the Rio Max Short a 425gr head of that model line would pair nicely. An Airflo skagit compact in a 420gr would also cast well. Go with a 450gr Airflo if you want more rod load.

Jakob
I'll be using my rod for smallies. Where I live in Upstate New York we have trophy warm water fishing. I was planning on buying the airflo scout. I wasn't sure which grain to go with. Since it'll be bigger bass flies ill go with the 450.

Jakob B

I'll be using my rod for smallies. Where I live in Upstate New York we have trophy warm water fishing. I was planning on buying the airflo scout. I wasn't sure which grain to go with. Since it'll be bigger bass flies ill go with the 450.
Sounds perfect. The scout and skagit compact alike are great lines. Bigger flies or tips the 450 is the move.

Jakob

Latest posts