WTB Four Wheel Camper (FWC)

Probably a shot in the dark, but I am looking for a Four Wheel Camper. Hoping to find something for a mid-sized truck, 6 foot bed. Ideally I would like one equipped with a heater and under 1000 lbs. If you have one you are looking to sell or know anybody looking to sell one, please let me know.

gt

had a Hallmark, the other brother, and because of the design, for off roading folks, the interior was quite limited in space. you might check that out before you get too involved with trying to find one, you may be disappointed.

had a Hallmark, the other brother, and because of the design, for off roading folks, the interior was quite limited in space. you might check that out before you get too involved with trying to find one, you may be disappointed.
I appreciate the feedback. I have not heard of the hallmark. My friend has a four wheel camper on a 5 foot truck bed and I have checked it out. It would have more than enough space to suit my needs. It provides a much better fit for me than trying to hunker down in my hi-rise truck canopy.

gt

my BIL just traded his and bought an A-liner trailer. he had nothing but problems with the camper and 4 wheeler was not very helpful when he kept calling them for resolution of problems. the father had 2 sons, one started Hallmark, the other started 4 wheeler. they are about 3 miles apart in Colorado and they both can't keep their products in stock. all the best finding one. BIL traded his in at highway trailer sales in Portland, OR, might check to see if they still have it on their inventory. i sold my Hallmark in about 2 days when i put it up for sale.

paulrad

i sold my Hallmark in about 2 days when i put it up for sale.
GT,
I want to get one of these someday. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on Hallmark versus FWC. I get the impression that you think Hallmark is the better one? Thanks for any insight.

gt

well you take your pick here but we decided on Hallmark at the time because they had a totally composite roof, 4 wheeler didn't at the time, they do now. 4 wheeler added a 'basement' to hold the various tanks, which i thought was a great idea, Hallmark didn't at the time. Hallmark was very responsive anytime i contacted them, 4 wheeler didn't give my BIL the time of day once the sale was completed. we actually flew to Denver rented a car and drove to each location. Hallmark was very receptive and spent a lot of time explaining their product. 4 wheeler didn't give us the time of day!

in both cases, they are 'the best' in my estimation of the various brands of pop up campers, quality materials inside and outside but they are very narrow given their design for off road folks. so inside both of them, counter space is at a premium and you will be using the table top for meal prep most of the time. because they are so narrow, the outside jacks are very close to your truck body so you have to be extra careful loading these campers. best to square up the truck before you back under and then at a crawl. good to have a spotter as well as i crunched one side panel on my PU. on a 3/4 ton you are going to need air bags, these campers are heavy.

JayB

For the price of some of these campers, you could score this rig:

Latest posts