NFR Forester Owners; Pet Barriers?

Anyone have a good one to recommend? There are multiple types, screens or bars that all seem to be either flimsy or rattle according to online reviews. I need to keep my daughters 90# mastiff/Staffordshire mix behind the second row. I think there are more than several members who own or have owned a forester and hoping someone has a good recommendation.

FinLuver

Anyone have a good one to recommend? There are multiple types, screens or bars that all seem to be either flimsy or rattle according to online reviews. I need to keep my daughters 90# mastiff/Staffordshire mix behind the second row. I think there are more than several members who own or have owned a forester and hoping someone has a good recommendation.
Good Luck with that...!!! :D

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
Look at that design then make your own there is plenty of fencing in Lowes, Home Depot, and other hareware stores.

Chic Worthing

I saw a very effective electric fence where hunters used an electric fence to protect the hunters from Kodiak bears while hunting for said bears in AK. It should work the same way to keep pets inside.

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
My German Longhair Pointer defeated EVERY attempt at keeping him from moving from the back of the crew cab to the front seats of the truck. He even had a nice, comfy pillow with neck rests in the back seat!!

I bought seat covers and moved the seat forward so it fit next to the steering whee when I left the vehicle. For some reason he preferred the drivers seat over the passenger seat.

Finally, I realized it was more important for HIM to be up front when I was not in the truck, than it was for ME to keep him from the front seats.

Chic Worthing

Vladimir, please my off the base comment earlier. I have always has English setter and could never get them (two at one time) to move forward I think it depends on what they are allowed to do and how they became comfortable. When I force him to the front seat, he retreats to the rear. And this includes a trip to West Yellowstone, followed by a month of daily visiting with my wife to store owners who know him by name, then
to the trip to Sun City AZ. The back seat is his domain.

Latest posts