It's the most, wonderful time of the year!!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Good to see you're getting the grumpy old man thing going early.....practice makes perfect.
By the time you retire ' get off my lawn' will roll right off your tongue like you've been saying it your whole life.
:)
I started getting grumpy back in August....when I saw Christmas decorations for sale at Costco.
Talk about what has become a totally over hyped holiday. Next year it will likely be July. ;)
SF

SilverFly

Guy -
Perhaps we could get you to write reviews on wine tasting and food presentation photographs? You've certainly thrown Swimmy a challenge! A throw down!
Thanks. I enjoy a glass now and then, but will have to defer to others when it comes to wine knowledge. Cuisine plating may be an area where I could offer some constructive input.

But yes, I am trying to get Swimmy to step up his exterior decorating. I mean, if you want to be the next Martha Stewart of SW Montana, then by all means you should be open to well-intentioned critique. I can't say much about his interior game, other than some minor snags with arrangement or material selection, but those largely come down to matters of taste.

However, he does seem to struggle with the larger scale themes of exterior design. As horrific as his neighbor's nightmarish inflatable menagerie is, a trace of compositional flow can be found hidden in what otherwise appears to be a trainwreck of excess. That said, I applaud Swimmy's determination to bring tasteful exterior decor to suburban Montana.

wetswinger

I've actually started to like Christmas again since the wife and I decided to not buy anyone, including the grandkids, a gift. Christ, they got sooo much stuff already. It is nice just to spend time with the family without the societal pressure of gifts. We load them up on their birthday, a day of real importance....

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I've actually started to like Christmas again since the wife and I decided to not buy anyone, including the grandkids, a gift. Christ, they got sooo much stuff already. It is nice just to spend time with the family without the societal pressure of gifts. We load them up on their birthday, a day of real importance....
I wish this would catch on, how much needless stuff do I really need. a nice dinner is much more enjoyable

Latest posts