SBS Golden Olive Bumble Hog

ScottP

Another one I found on the Shetland Anglers site

hook – WFC Model 6 #8
thread - UTC 140 woodduck
tail - golden pheasant tippet over fluoro yellow yarn
body - dubbing golden olive
wing(s) - deer hair dyed golden olive (1 Tbs Rit Golden Yellow/1 cup water overdyed with 1 Tbs Rit Golden Yellow, 1 Tsp Rit Dark Green/4 cups water)
hackle - Mearns Quail (jay substitute) dyed blue (Regatta - 3/4 Tsp Rit Aquamarine, 1/4 Tsp Rit Royal Blue/4 cups water)

Mash barb, start thread

Tie in yarn, wrap to bend

Measure (shank length) some gp tippets; tie in

Dub thread, dub to 1/4 mark

Clean, stack, measure (1/2 tail length) a clump of deer hair; tie in/trim butts

Dub to 1/2 mark

Add second wing (tips even with first)

Dub to 3/4 mark

Third wing

Tie in quail by tip; wrap, tie off/trim, SHHAN

Trim yarn (1/2 tail)

Regards,
Scott

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
WFF Supporter
Sooieeet! I'm going to have to tie a few of those "just because" . . . Thanks, Scott!

Chucker

Chucking a dead parrot on a piece of string!
That blue and golden olive color combination is another one that was a staple for fishing in the lochs of Scotland, that doesn’t seem to work worth a damn in the Pacific Northwest.

Great looking fly though, I’d tie that on as a bob fly in a heartbeat if I was fishing a Scottish loch!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock