FS Sage TCX 7126 “Death Star” Spey Rod - $550

AJF

SAGE TCX 7126-4, 7 WT, 12'6", 4 PIECES - In good shape. This is Sage's famous "Death Star", one of the greatest lightweight steelhead rods made. Includes rod sock but no rod tube. I can throw in an airflow Rage Compact 510 Spey line which pairs perfectly with this rod.

Last edited:

Driftless Dan

I've always wanted a rod rock! :) I would pick this up but for the fact that most of the streams I fish in the Driftless are about 1-3 rod lengths across, so a spey rod is overkill.

k-roc

This is true! I think my point here was that 550 sounds pretty steep, I see lots of Z-Axis speys going for 200-350. And a TCX is from the same era as Z-Axis, and in some are just as good (8134 anyone?)
But yes maybe there is someone out there who needs a death star really bad and wants to pay top dollar for it.

AJF

Price is based on what they’ve sold for recently on eBay but feel free to shoot me an offer!

Ah the deathstar. I got one for $300 years ago. I was crushing casts with a 600gr Comp skagit. Than on a memorable birthday left it on the roof of my truck and drove off never to be seen again. Still had the sock and tube and somehow tracked another down that happened to be missing the tube from some flyshop in The Midwest... I bought that rod for $300 and I just never fell back in love with the replacement. I ended up selling it a few years ago for $300... I kinda miss that rod...
I’ll give ya $300...

Driftless Dan

Unless you're hard up for money, I'd hold onto it until you get the price you want - it's never going to go down in value, like the LL's and RPL's mentioned above.

AJF

Yeah I’ll probably leave it up here for a few more days then throw it on eBay, wanted to give members a first pass.

Steve Saville

I've had mine for several years and wouldn't sell it for $300. I don't think $550 is out of line if it's in good condition. I put a friend on one a year ago for $500 and it turned out to be near new. The owner never liked it. I had trouble finding a comfortable fit for a line. I was going too light.

Latest posts