Trip Report Puget Sound is HOT!

Spawnflyfish

Spawn Fly Fish
WFF Supporter
Puget Sound has been unreal over the last several weeks. This time of year is just too much fun! My friend Kody and I have been using the Spawn 90 Degree Shanks with a 5.5mm Slotted Bead! The body of the fly is made up of Spawn Simi Seal which we designed just for Puget Sound and Creamsicle marabou (my new favorite)! These flies are slow twitched on the retrieve and the fish just can’t say no! Hope everyone is having a great holiday and getting out on the water! Now is the time!

Attachments

NRC

WFF Supporter
Nice! I haven’t been able to get our for several weeks and it’s driving me crazy knowing I’m probably missing the last good src fishing of 2019.

Spawnflyfish

Spawn Fly Fish
WFF Supporter
Tried Kayak Point today. Not a bite.

It was my first time trying this style of fishing (Puget Sound) and body of water though.

Thanks for the inspiration to get out there and try.
Absolutely any questions you have after your first outing!?

Spawnflyfish

Spawn Fly Fish
WFF Supporter
Is this fly representing sand shrimp? What hook size or overall length of fly?
Yep or Ghost Shrimp!

It’s about an inch and a half if you tie it on a Spawn 20mm Shank and 2 inches if you tie on a 30mm Shank! Hook size ive been using is size 6!

daveontheline

Unfishy
WFF Supporter
Puget Sound has been unreal over the last several weeks. This time of year is just too much fun! My friend Kody and I have been using the Spawn 90 Degree Shanks with a 5.5mm Slotted Bead! The body of the fly is made up of Spawn Simi Seal which we designed just for Puget Sound and Creamsicle marabou (my new favorite)! These flies are slow twitched on the retrieve and the fish just can’t say no! Hope everyone is having a great holiday and getting out on the water! Now is the time!
How are you getting those beads over the shanks? Are you unbending the rear part of the shank?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts