The “one” that got away

P-FITZ98

Around here we have a gentleman's agreement that we can't name a new fly until it catches a fish. I think your lost fish qualifies in that regard. Does it have a name yet?
Not really, I tie lots of weird stuff that isn’t named. I’d usually leave it to my son when he was young, he came up with interesting names. My cousin and teacher tied a really productive steelhead pattern years ago that got him an almost 30lb’er on the Babine. It is in the FFF encyclopedia of flies, simply named the UB-1, which stands for “unnamed bastard”.

triploidjunkie

You recognize that second pic, appears! That is Hellsgate. Not as many sheep as we used to see, it seems like. We were treated to a good battle between 2 big rams one day about 10 years ago. It was awesome
Didn't recognize it. Just the only place that I know of around here with any is the game reserve.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock