Let's do this! 2019-20 ski thread

Hem

Huge skier trigger slide on Saddle Peak today. There were tracks all over this thing today. For those not aware, this is south of the boundary at Bridger Bowl and is backcountry conditions. No way I'd be skiing it right now as I don't trust our snowpack.

You know Swim, maybe an age thing but when it comes to death scenarios I stop and state " live to blank another day".
It works.
Good for you in grasping the situation.

rotato

Hey have any of y’all skied at hurricane ridge? I was thinking of combining some riding with some chilly river wading.
seems like a fun yet tiny ski area

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
Good for you in grasping the situation.
We've been in a nasty avalanche cycle pretty much all year. The lack of any measurable snowfall in December helped to create persistent weak layers all over SW Montana. Check out the size of this crown from a slide yesterday on Henderson Mtn. This thing is massive.

Now is not the time to be pushing it.

Hem

We've been in a nasty avalanche cycle pretty much all year. The lack of any measurable snowfall in December helped to create persistent weak layers all over SW Montana. Check out the size of this crown from a slide yesterday on Henderson Mtn. This thing is massive.

Now is not the time to be pushing it.

Yep, no highmarking recommended.
Cool pic

SERE Nate

I bought the Line Sakanas this year and am loving them! We had 3 feet of new powder last week and Mon and Tues were the best 2 days of skiing I have ever had.

The Sakana measure 150/105/138. I had been on some Line Magnum Opus that were 124 underfoot and that was too much for where I ski. Mostly in the trees, these were tanks to try to maneuver around.

TDB

Flounder Pounder
Hey have any of y’all skied at hurricane ridge? I was thinking of combining some riding with some chilly river wading.
seems like a fun yet tiny ski area
Always check to make sure the road is opened/plowed. I haven't followed it closely this year but the past couple of years the Park wasn't super into plowing it when it snowed.

Swimmy

WFF Supporter
Friday, new snow, light crowds, and tons of low hanging fruit. I can dig it.

Met up with a local and followed him around through some of his stashes.

Think we even had an Underachiever sighting in K Chute.

[video=youtube;0KVWSHUWDcc]

olypenjeeper

just got back from Tahoe a few days ago..before the big storm hit. I was driving and couldn't afford to be stuck there. Made the drive down from Bellingham in one day, solo. was crazy. left 3am, got to incline village around 630 PM. skied NorthStar and Mt Rose. Rose is def more my scene, less boujee for certain. No pics, super lame I know. Baker is my home mountain these days, but I ski Stevens as often as possible, I have the military epic Pass which is an insane deal. My favorite mountain the state is 49 degrees north in Chewelah. no crowds, lots of terrain, cheap prices.

Swimmy

WFF Supporter
Beautiful day out with my s.o. cruising groomers. Sometimes that can get boring but not when I'm following her around.

WAS

Schweitzer report:
Friday-Bluebird day in am 4" fresh, ROTD's: Stiles, White Lightning, Snowghost, all of Kiniksu, foggy in pm, usual crap.
Saturday-ROTD: Magic Carpet, G daughters made 14 "runs" with no spills or whining. Fleet of five groomers cruised down Ridge Run before 6 pm Torchlight Parade, very cool. Fireworks on the mountain after were awesome.
Sunday-on and off fog, mizzle later with some frozen crap on goggles. Upper sections fair, lower turned to hard cottage cheese. Good day for building snowman.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock