Let's do this! 2019-20 ski thread

Josh

dead in the water
Staff member
Passes purchased, lessons enrolled, season rentals picked up for the kiddos, and last years gear dug out and inspected.
But I think we’re still a few weeks away from the west side resorts opening.

Varanzo

Its cold here in Vancouver but On the hills winter hasn’t arrived yet. Whistler is open but it is more like fake news. It could be good season. I will post some pictures here. Have my Epic pass for a first time.

My pass includes free 10 lift tickets in Japan, 7 days in Telluride and many more ... It will be great to ski Colorado this season ...

bpatton

Yep,made the switch from alpine 30 years ago . Finally upgraded to plastic boots and burly bindings...real difference maker. I can ski longer now and cheat with a parallel turn now and again. Funny how the sport has declined. Mostly diehards, not much for a new crop.
Keep with it until the knees go.
I think you're the first person I've heard say they went from Tele to Alpine.

I bought an Alpine set up 3 years ago after 6 seasons on teles and sometimes it's really hard to go back. I will say though that Tele done right is probably the best lookin form between tele, alpine or a snowboard.

Varanzo

I love skiing but since I am not young anymore maybe is time to stop.

I would like to fish year around and perhaps this ski season could be my last. Even tough people think we at West coast can fish through winter it is not really easy.

I hope I would be able to hear more at this forum from people who fish through December, January and February.

Hem

I think you're the first person I've heard say they went from Tele to Alpine.

I bought an Alpine set up 3 years ago after 6 seasons on teles and sometimes it's really hard to go back. I will say though that Tele done right is probably the best lookin form between tele, alpine or a snowboard.
I'm aghast. Grew up alpine and cross country skiing. Tried tele skiing at 27 for the first time. Sold my alpine gear within days. It's been free heel ever since. I started getting alot of grief from everybody about my leather boots so made the switch to plastic a few years back. Glad I did ,for alot of reasons but do miss the purity of my leather set up.
Nope...when I cant tele anymore stick a fork in me...I'm done.

Hem

Winter fishing...I consider it the best. I'm game as long as the night time lows are Upper teens or better.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I love skiing but since I am not young anymore maybe is time to stop.

I would like to fish year around and perhaps this ski season could be my last. Even tough people think we at West coast can fish through winter it is not really easy.

I hope I would be able to hear more at this forum from people who fish through December, January and February.
Fishing year round on the west side of the Cascades in Washington isn’t really difficult at all with our temperate climates.
Since little water gets hard except way up high, there is always someplace to wet a line regardless of the weather.
It is one of the benefits of living on the west (wet) side.
SF

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Never understood skiing.
Do you exercise?

Backcountry touring and even resort skiing is awesome exercise. I love the mix of stoke and exhaustion after a solid day of skiing. And the pure bliss of carving turns in an untracked slope with a foot of powder is a completely different feeling that I don't get tossing around flies.

Don't get me wrong Nick, you know I love fishing. But I also love the change of seasons and Winter is a special time in SW Montana.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Oh and took the dog out today for his first tour. He loved it and had no problem running through the powder. Little mutt might actually make for a decent ski partner.

There are few things better than a whooped dog :lol

I was solo so stayed out of avalanche terrain. But low angle turns were awesome with about a foot of fresh from the recent storm.

Nick Clayton

Do you exercise?

Backcountry touring and even resort skiing is awesome exercise. I love the mix of stoke and exhaustion after a solid day of skiing. And the pure bliss of carving turns in an untracked slope with a foot of powder is a completely different feeling that I don't get tossi

Don't get me wrong Nick, you know I love fishing. But I also love the change of seasons and Winter is a special time in SW Montana.
I'm far too busy fishing to excercise ;)

Whatever floats your boat. I have no doubt it's fun. Just doesn't interest me. Honestly anything that takes my time and money away from fishing just isn't my cup of tea.

To each their own of course. I dig the pics, and I'm sure its enjoyable...just not for me.

Latest posts