Let's do this! 2019-20 ski thread

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
What camera are you using? Thinking about getting one as well.
Nikon D500. I wanted a camera specific for shooting skiing/action and if you research you’ll find it is best in class.

Depending on what you are using it for, there may be better options.

Swimmy

WFF Supporter
Been obsessed with the camera thing. Pretty much now have the set up I want.

Got a cool pack to carry it as well.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Been obsessed with the camera thing. Pretty much now have the set up I want.

Got a cool pack to carry it as well.

What are you shooting @Swimmy. That looks like a 200-500. Paired with the D500 it’s even a solid setup for wildlife too. Good for your part of the woods. My wife and I use that setup or the 850 with the 500mm prime f 5.6 for most of the wildlife stuff we shoot. I prefer the latter but the 500 with the 200-500 is good if you want to cover more varied shooting situations.

Swimmy

WFF Supporter
What are you shooting @Swimmy. That looks like a 200-500. Paired with the D500 it’s even a solid setup for wildlife too. Good for your part of the woods. My wife and I use that setup or the 850 with the 500mm prime f 5.6 for most of the wildlife stuff we shoot. I prefer the latter but the 500 with the 200-500 is good if you want to cover more varied shooting situations.
Dang dude, you have a sweet camera quiver. Got any threads you can link with some of your shots?

But yeah, it is the 200-500 with the D500. My all purpose lens is the Sigma 18-300. I looked at the 850 and they are the shit. But initially, I wanted a camera specifically for action photography and the D500 fit the bill at a better price point. I love this thing.

I can't wait to get up in the park this summer and mess around with some wildlife photography. Probably a good excuse to add a 600mm to the collection.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Dang dude, you have a sweet camera quiver. Got any threads you can link with some of your shots?

But yeah, it is the 200-500 with the D500. My all purpose lens is the Sigma 18-300. I looked at the 850 and they are the shit. But initially, I wanted a camera specifically for action photography and the D500 fit the bill at a better price point. I love this thing.

I can't wait to get up in the park this summer and mess around with some wildlife photography. Probably a good excuse to add a 600mm to the collection.
I don’t have thread dedicated to photography. Here are a few taken in the last year. A few of.......thousands :). These are random shots I quickly grabbed. It’s my wife’s main hobby. I just join in occasionally. A few Alaska shots.

B49C9FDC-BFD2-4B74-8A08-514555FD2C6F.jpeg
AA9B774B-20DD-4CA1-912E-5A664C748AFD.jpeg
11926695-00F3-4194-BA97-03733D242CE9.jpeg
Obviously lots of opportunity in Yellowstone though. Not exaggerating when I say I have tens of thousands of shots just of bears (wife’s favorite animal) from there, not to mention everything else. Or the hundreds of thousands of shots we have from other places.

DSLRs are still a thing? ;)
Ha, for sure! People still shoot film too. Lots of new technology out there but good shot is a good shot no matter the medium!

Last edited:

smc

WFF Supporter
I don’t have thread dedicated to photography. Here are a few taken in the last year. A few of.......thousands :). These are random shots I quickly grabbed. It’s my wife’s main hobby. I just join in occasionally. A few Alaska shots.

View attachment 227394
View attachment 227410
View attachment 227396
Obviously lots of opportunity in Yellowstone though. Not exaggerating when I say I have tens of thousands of shots just of bears (wife’s favorite animal) from there, not to mention everything else. Or the hundreds of thousands of shots we have from other places.

Ha, for sure! People still shoot film too. Lots of new technology out there but good shot is a good shot no matter the medium!
Really nice! Looks like that big boy in the last shot had been in a recent tussle.

Swimmy

WFF Supporter
DSLRs are still a thing? ;)
Enthusiasts and professionals, absolutely. But I watched something on you tube the other day about the decline of the consumer camera and how smart phones have completely changed the industry. Unless camera companies figure out how to make it easy (and even then it is a stretch) it is pretty much dead.

My biggest issue with dslr's was always carrying the gear. It is bulky, kind of heavy, and always seem to be in the way. But the backpack is a game changer.

@jasmillo I now remember some of your shots. Nice work

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts